|Parts of this article are based on what's known and can't be concluded or confirmed.|
|Alias|| The Bringer of Chaos |
The Chaos Bringer
Lord of the un-dead
|Species||Cybertronian (As a god)|
|Rank||Chaos God, Destroyer of Good|
|Status||Online (As a dark energy that's trapped inside the Allspark's container)|
|First appearance||One Shall Fall|
|Voiced by|| John Noble |
Frank Welker (When controlling Megatron)
Existing before the dawn of time itself, Unicron is the bringer of chaos, lord of the undead and one of the main sources of evil in the entire universe and the very source of Dark Energon itself. As an immortal and eternal being with immense power, Unicron is the eternal arch-enemy of his twin brother, Primus, the creator of the Transformer race. During the battle between Unicron and his brother at the beginning of time, Unicron was cast out by Primus and the Thirteen and over time matter formed around his body and he became the planet Earth itself, which he became the creator of human kind. In his time of absence, Unicron would be the source of myth, legend and fear across all of Cybertron and the universe.
Unicron would be dormant for billions of years until the planetary alignment that would reawaken him leading to a team up between Autobot and Decepticon to defeat him. Though this would not be the end of him as a few years later Unicron would be reawakened after the restoration of Primus where Unicron, using Megatron as his vessel, headed to Cybertron to destroy his arch rival. Unicron would use an un-dead army of Predacons to accomplish this deed forcing the Autobots once again to fight against him, this time with the Predacons. Thanks to Optimus Prime Unicron was sealed within the AllSpark container, which trapped his Anti-spark for good.
Unicron is by far the strongest antagonist in the series as he is the very god of chaos and arguably brought Earth closer to damnation than anyone else as the awakening of his own body within almost destroyed the planet. Unicron was also capable of spawning multiple copies of himself from Earth's matter which he could make almost 200ft tall. While limited to Megatron's body Unicron is still a fearsome foe able to forge multiple melee weapons and explosives out of Dark Energon within himself. Not even Predaking, arguably strongest Cybertronian in the series, was able to stop him. In his energy form, Unicron could possess any living or dead Cybertronian and use their body for his own use.
As the Universe began to form, the only living things (at least in their part of space) were Primus and Unicron on the uninhabited planet Cybertron. The two dueled for the fate of the universe with neither getting an advantage for long. According to Optimus the tide was turned more times than it could be counted. To turn the tide firmly in his favor Primus created the Thirteen to fight with him. With these additional warriors Unicron was defeated and cast out into deep space.
As he drifted and in slumber, space debris began gathering around him due to his gravity field. Eventually he was caught in the third orbit of a sun and became the very core of planet Earth in the Milky Way galaxy. Though Unicron's time adrift in space he bled Dark Energon which itself went adrift. The Covenant of Primus unveils a prophecy that foretold Unicron's awakening on Earth, though the details failed to mention that it was actually referring to Unicron and Earth.
At some point the Cybertronians found some Dark Energon and experimented with it in a space station commanded by Starscream. Eventually when the Great War came about Megatron used this very substance to poison Cybertron's core which lead to the planet's shutdown and the Great Exodus.
During the war on Earth Unicron was mentioned when Dark Energon was in play and was often referred to as the "Blood of Unicron." Unicron's Dark Energon was used to create an Terrorcon army of fallen Autobots and Decepticons to invade Earth, was later used to revive Megatron's damaged body and create a Terrorcon Skyquake.
AwakeningWhen the time of the planetary alignment was coming Megatron saw an image of Unicron's fate which guided Megatron to an Earth volcano where he battled Optimus Prime until the volcano was erupting Dark Energon. A series of natural disasters soon followed as Unicron was emerging from slumber. Megatron took advantage and took the Dark Energon from the volcano and filled their warship's cargo hold with it. Later Megatron wanted Unicron to accept him as his humble servant, trying to obtain more power, but Unicron refused. Unicron then sensed the presence of the Matrix of Leadership inside Optimus Prime and decided to kill off Prime himself instead of waiting for Megatron to do so. Back at Autobot base, Optimus and Ratchet monitoring Earth signals discovered that Unicron is responsible for Earth's creation, thus also creating Earth's biological life forms aka the human race.
Later when Optimus was investigating the Earthquake sightings Unicron, engaged Optimus with multiple copies of himself. Though Optimus tried to appeal to Unicron for the safety of human kind, Unicron dismissed them as parasites and vowed to destroy them too. Optimus singled handly engaged muiltple copies until Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Arcee arrived to help him get to safety. However Unicron returned instantly, this time with a 200 feet copy of himself which came close to destroying Prime, but was destroyed by Megatron. Soon after Unicron revived himself and created two more giants of himself which Megatron engaged until leaving through a portal.
Dormant once more
As the natural disasters and the human death toll rose, Optimus, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Arcee and Megatron teamed up and journeyed to Cybertron's core to put the giant to sleep, as destroying him would destroy Earth too. However, on the way Unicron attacked the Cybertrionians with his antibodies until eventually trying to use Megatron to kill them. However Optimus and Megatron made it into his spark chamber where Unicron sucessfully possessed Megatron and tried to kill Optimus, but the Prime used the Matrix of Leadership to put Unicron back to rest, though at the cost of Optimus losing his own memory and believing himself to be Orion Pax.
Return and final defeatPrimus' awakening sent out an echo throughout space. Unicron heard this and woke up. He desired to get to Cybertron and destroy Primus. However, his physical body was inert and only his energy form survived. He needed a new body, seeing Megatron's body, he revived the Decepticon leader and told him of his intentions. He also revealed that Megatron was unable to join the AllSpark because Dark Energon runs through his vains. Unicron then used the Dark Energon to restore him back to life and take over his body reformating Megatron into a fusion of himself and Unicron (often referred to as Galvatron by most viewers) in the process. He flew to Cybertron where he informed Megatron that he would not rule Cybertron, but destroy it.
He arrived at Darkmount and faced off against Smokescreen, Bulkhead, Arcee and Bumblebee. He used his godly powers to attack them. However, the Autobots' small size and speed allowed them to escape through a Ground Bridge back to base. Unicron however decided that his new form was weak and he needed a new instrument of destruction. He then saw a fire beacon and went to investigate. The beacon originated from Predaking who Megatron claimed was a loyal warrior. Unicron soon discovered Predaking loathed Megatron with a passion. Megatron hoped Predaking could damage his body enough to drive Unicron out. Unicron punished Megatron and easily dispatched Preaking while looking into his mind and finding the resting sight of many hundreds of deceased Predacon bones.Unicron then flew to the Predacon cemetery where he silenced Starscream and easily dispatched Darksteel and Skylynx. He gave life to the undead Predacons and rode one to the Well. Unicron first used his legion to trample Shockwave and marched them towards the Well. His legion faced the Nemesis, the Predacons and Autobots. While his legion flew to the core he faced off against the Last Prime who brought him the AllSpark which he intended to destroy. When Unicron knocked Prime back, Bumblebee used the Polarity Gauntlet to hold him back. Eventually he broke free and flew after the Prime.
Unicron seized the AllSpark's vessel, which was a trap set by Optimus Prime. It sucked out his energy form from Megatron's body and trapped him in the AllSpark vessel, trapping him in the vessel for good and severing the link and allowing Megatron to regain control of his body. Optimus says it was necessary to dump the vessel's contents into the Matrix of Leadership to secure Unicron's defeat and to protect the AllSpark. As a result of Unicron's constant torturing, Megatron had lost his passion for war mongering and abandoned the Decepticon cause
Powers and Abilities
As a literal god, Unicron is extremely powerful. Being Earth's core, he possesses a symbiotic link to the planet and is able to manifest whatever comes to mind on the surface such as stone avatars, tsunamis, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. As the source of all Dark Energon in the universe he has a link to any sample. This has been shown the three times he possessed Megatron, through the Dark Energon that binds them. While in Megatron's body, he displayed the ability to create weaponry from pure Dark Energon. He can also seem to conjure Dark Energon from will as he raised an army of Terrorcons by raising his hands. It has been implied that he possesses a certain degree of lightning manipulation. Like Primus, he possess a form of Pure Energy which can never be destroyed, rendering him immortal.
Unicron is the literal incarnation of Chaos. As stated by himself, Unicron lives to destroy his brother Primus, who embodies order. It has been shown that he holds grudges as after billions of years his sole wish was to destroy Primus and any Primes that remained and even abandoned his own physical body to do so. He is also known to change his original opinions of individuals as he originally thought of Megatron was of no use to him and was a prideful insect yet possessed him three times for his own goals and seemed to regard as important during all his plans and schemes. Unicorn is a bitter and cruel spirit, who never understood the true meaning of good.
- Unicron never refers to Primus as his brother in Transformers Prime. Guess his grudge against Primus runs deeper than anyone could think.
- Unicron sounds like Unicorn, but it isn't. DON'T GET IT CONFUSED!!!
- The Thirteen were revealed to have fought amongst each other due to a direct exposure to Unicron who implanted a seed of himself in his "nephews".
- Unicron is shown to be the only Cybertronian God that can speak, unless his brother Primus could talk.
- Unicron does not appear easy to kill on the show and movie.
- Unicron can possess any Cybertronian if they made contact with his blood.
- Darkness Rising, Part 2 (First mentioned)
- Darkness Rising, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Shadowzone (Mentioned only)
- One Shall Fall
- One Shall Rise, Part 1
- One Shall Rise, Part 2
- One Shall Rise, Part 3
- Orion Pax, Part 1 (Flashback)
- Alpha/Omega (Mentioned only)
- Thirst (Mentioned only)
- Minus One (Mentioned only)
- Predacons Rising
- "I awaken!" - Unicron's first words
- "Who would speak to me?" - Unicron to Megatron
- "Do you know me..follower of Primus?" - Unicron to Optimus
- "For Unicron may be one but we all are Unicron!!!" - Unicron's manifestations to Optimus
- "I am this world's past and future, and as of this moment........all Primes are simply past."
- "You cannot defeat me disciple of Primus. I have transcended physical being! By my will alone, all upon this world shall fall into chaos." Unicron possess Megatron, which foreshadow's events in Predacons Rising.
- "Megatron........Megatron..........Megatron." Unicron awakens to see Megatron
- "Yet you cannot join the AllSpark because my lifeblood once flowed through your veins."
- "It binds you to my Anti-Spark."
- "The foolish Prime only rendered my material form dormant. But my energy form aroused from slumber when I sensed the awakening of an ancient rival across the cosmos."
- "Your husk will simply be an instrument of my will." Unicron tells Megatron and revives his body.
- "You will rule nothing! I travel to Cybertron for one reason only; to destroy Primus personally."
- "Thus will begin a new age. The age of chaos."
- "Bothersome pest!!!" - Unicron to Bumblebee
- "Behold my infinite might." - Unicron to Autobots
- "A victory over unworthy opponents, espically one that did not result in their demise is far from an a achievement. Clearly our new improved state is not enough to accomplish the deed for which I have come, for that I shall require a greater instrument of destruction."
- "You know this primitive life form?"
- "Warrior. I call upon you to serve your master." Unicron to Predaking
- "You dare to deceive me and have both of us destroyed!" Unicron to Megatron
- "I will only make you endure even greater suffering." Unicron begins to torture Megatron
- "Now let us learn more of these mighty legions of which you spoke. By peering directly into your mind." Unicron to Predaking
- "I know what I require to tear this world to asunder......and where might I find them."
- "Silence fool!! Your master is under my control. I am the destroyer of worlds, the bringer of chaos and the lord of the undead." Unicron to Starscream, Shockwave, Skylynx and Darksteel.
- "The past shall consume the future. The dead shall consume the living. And chaos shall reign supreme!!!" Unicron and his army prepare to destroy Primus
- "More flying pests!!!" Unicron to Autobots and Predacons.
- "My legion the time is upon us. Destroy Primus with your dragon fire!!!" Unicron orders his army to destroy Primus
- "The Prime returns!!!" Unicron yells out Optimus's return
- "Thank you Prime for delivering the AllSpark so that I may erase it from existence."
- "Megatron may hear you. But he cannot help you. For he is enduring eternal suffering."
- "And we both know that the AllSpark cannot thrive in a poisoned well."
- "I shall devour you AllSpark whole!!!"
- "What? A trick..." - Unicron's last words before being sucked into the AllSpark's container.