|First appearance||Predacons Rising|
|Voiced by||Nolan North|
Skylynx is a Predacon and former member of the Decepticons. Skylynx was created, with his fellow Predacon named Darksteel by Shockwave and Starscream in an attempt to re-create Project Predacon and build a new Decepticon army. However Skylynx and Darksteel soon found themselves falling under their true leader Predaking. Together, they fought along side with the Autobots, and Knock Out, against Unicron.
Like Hardshell, Skylynx came close to killing an Autobot than anyone in the series when he almost killed Ultra Magnus, since Starscream killed Cliffjumper and Megatron killed Bumblebee for a few moments. Skylynx is very intelligent and will not hesitate to finish his work. He is also very boastful of his abilities which proves whem he took down Ultra Magnus, a veteran soldier of the Great War.
Like with the other Predacons in the series Skylynx existed at least once before, the original Skylynx who would was killed during the Great Cataclysm.
CreationShortly after Starscream and Shockwave arrived on Cybertron after Megatron's death, Shockwave immedtiatly re-initated Project: Predacon and created Skylynx and Darksteel. Skylynx and Darksteel were then sent to find more bones of their fellow kind. On a search mission he and Darksteel were discovered by Ultra Magnus and Smokescreen. Skylynx immediatly leaped to attack Magnus while Darksteel took on Smokescreen. Skylynx however proved far capable to take on Magnus and smacked him down and badly wounding him but was prevented from killing him when Smokescreen interviened and dragged him through a GroundBridge portal.
Sometime later they returned to Shockwave's lab where they bragged about their victory and how weak the Autobots were, Starscream hit them with an electric rod saying they shouldn't have been found by the Autobots. But Skylynx stood up for them both stating that they weren't followed and had no reason to fear the Autobots.
Sometime Skylynx and Darksteel found an entire burial site were thousands of deceased Predacon bones were. The Predacons, Shockwave and Starscream then got to work in digging them up.
During the digging, however, Skylynx and Darksteel got into a minor scuffle when Darksteel accidentally hit Skylynx with a bone, before Unicron had arrived. However Skylynx and Darksteel's first instinct was to attack him head on but both of them failed miserably as Unicron turned the ancient Predacons into Terrorcons. Not long after Skylynx watched as Unicron's army of Terrorcons headed off for the Well of the Allspark, trampeling Shockwave in the process, he then witnessed Predaking arrive not long after.
Predaking was shocked to see what happened to the burial site and realised that Unicron must have been involved but Skylynx told him to be happy that it wasn't him being possessed but Predaking was set on returning the remains to their resting place.Predaking told Skylynx to join him, but he and Darksteel initially refused and attacked Predaking instead. Although for a short time they had the upper hand against Predaking. However, Predaking managed to pin them down and they surrendered to his command, which Skylynx replied "All Hail Predaking." Shockwave, who somehow survived, suggested that they use their strength against the Terrorcons instead.
Fight against Unicron
At the arrival of the Nemesis, Skylynx and the other two Predacons battled with all the Terrorcons flying in the sky. The Nemesis crashed during the battle and the Autobots went outside. Skylynx landed alongside Predaking and Darksteel to fight alongside the Autobots, he attacked the oncoming Terrorcons along with Predaking and Darksteel. At first the Predacons gained had the upper hand, but the Terrorcons outnumbered them and forced them all the way down to the core of Cybertron. At the moment Unicron was defeated by Optimus Prime, all the Terrorcons turned to dust and the Predacons were saved from being destroyed in the core. Later on when Starscream planned to claim Darkmount, Skylynx joined his fellow Predacons in settling some old scores, most likely to kill Starscream.
Skylynx is very skilled in combat and can take an opponent with ease. Skylynx appears to be very intelligent, as he was shown to examine his surroundings. Skylynx also appears to dislike Darksteel's annoyance at times, as it was revealed in Predacons Rising where Darksteel accidentally hits Skylynx with a Predacon bone. Skylynx asked Darksteel if he find him amusing and proceeded to hit his companion with the same bone. However, Skylynx appears to respect his Predacon brethren, Predaking and Darksteel. He also took part in the alliance with the Autbots and Knock Out in fighting against Unicron.
- Skylynx is always seen with Darksteel in the movie.
- Skylynx seems to be more intelligent than Darksteel, since he always speaks in complete sentences and takes things seriously. Though they share the same strength and would take an enemy down single handedly.
- Since Darksteel and Skylynx are usually together, most people are confused which one is which.
- Like Predaking and Darksteel, he suffers from mass displacement between his robot and beast mode.
- Skylynx's beast mode roar is lower pitched than Darksteel and Predaking, like the sound of a bull.
- Skylynx is voiced by Nolan North who also voices Smokescreen, ironically. Sadly they do not interact in the film, not verbally at least.
- This incarnation of Skylynx is the first time since G1 that the character has been in a cartoon, though his G1 counterpart was an Autobot.
- Like Hardshell, Skylynx came closer to terminating an Autobot than any other Decepticon in the show since Starscream killed Cliffjumper.
- Despite being a Decepticon at the start of the film, Skylynx claims to Ultra Magnus that he and Darksteel are neither Autobot or Decepticon, implying that he never considered himself a Decepticon in the first place.
- Skylynx said "All hail Predaking." This is a reference to the live action movies where a Decepticon would say "All hail Megatron."
- Skylynx seems to be easily ticked off by Darksteel and his tactics, as Darksteel accidentally hits Skylynx with a predacon bone. Skylynx responded "So you find me amusing?" and hits Darksteel with the same bone.
- Skylynx is arguably stronger than Predaking as a beast as he was able to severely wound Ultra Magnus by himself as a beast which took him out of action for the whole movie in a few minutes, when it took Predaking almost the whole 3rd season just to take Magnus's hand. Though Skylynx did take a few blows from Magnus. However, Predaking defeated both Darksteel and Skylynx with ease.
- "Hahaha, neither." - Skylynx answers Ultra Magnus's question.
- "Gutting Autobots."
- "We weren't followed."
- "They fled like cowards. We have no need to fear them."
- "So you find me amusing?"
- "I say we show this lord of the undead what it's like to be unliving."
- "Indeed Darksteel. Most likely our predecessor."
- "If you call being undead living."
- "Just be glad you're alive so the demon can't pull your strings."
- "All hail Predaking."