|Alias|| My Creation |
Ultimate Autobot Hunter
|Voiced by||Peter Mensah|
Predaking is the first living product of Project Predacon; cloned by his creator Shockwave, from the remains of a deceased Predacon. At first, Predaking was a primitive minded hunter, who lacked the ability of speech and hardly any intelligence. However, Predaking's intelligence began to increase after spending time with the Decepticons, and he was referred as "the Predacon." At some point, he was able to transform and name himself "Predaking", as the first Predacon in history to do so. As a robot, he is loyal to Megatron, but is ambitious and a bit boastful of his abilities, something Megatron has become fearful of. This level of intelligence would be the reason why Megatron decided to terminate Project Predacon in order to prevent potential mutiny but kept Predaking around as their prime assest for fighting Autobots, until Ratchet told Predaking the truth in which he turned on the Decepticons and retreat to Cybertron. Predaking then saw himself searching for his two new brothers Skylynx and Darksteel and joining the Autobots for the fate of Cybertron against the clutches of Unicron.
Predaking has proven he is the strongest Transformer that currently exists, only defeated by Unicron himself. Predaking currently lives on Cybertron with his Predacon brothers Skylynx and Darksteel alongside the Autobots proving that, despite Megatron's old beliefs, more than one race can peacefully live on their planet.
The Predacon lived twice before the events of the series. At the dawn of Cybertron's beginning (presumably after Primus and Unicron's confrontation) the original Predaking walked among the other Predacons but was wiped out in the Great Cataclysm. Later during the Autobot/Decepticon war for Cybertron the original Predacon was cloned along with other Predacons by Shockwave and sent to Earth to wipe out Autobot forces and guard the Energon reserves. During this time the humans discovered their existance and became one of many inspirations for human mythologies in their case the myth of dragons. However the time waiting for Megatron to arrive the Predacons passed away from the passage of time and their bones (micro-chipped) were left burried under rocks.
During Shockwave's exile on Cybertron, the Predacon was cloned once again from the remains of the original. When the scattered Autobots begun to reunite due to Starscream's incompetence, Shockwave activated the Predacon on Cybertron.
The Predacon was taken to Megatron by Shockwave from his lab and presented as the ultimate Autobot hunter. He succeeded in intimidating the Vehicons and even two of Megatron's highest ranking officers. The Predacon examined some of Wheeljack's spilled energon under the direction of Shockwave and soon took to the skies, intent in locating and killing him. Wheeljack and his fellow Wrecker Bulkhead had planned to cause an explosion of energon in order for the other Autobots to come to their location. The two soon spotted the Predacon as he arrived and launched a fire ball at them.
After missing the two, the Predacon moved in to attack them head-on. While it held off Wheeljack, Bulkhead turned it's attention when he attacked it. Easily tossing him aside, the Predacon turned it's eye to Wheeljack again and followed him into a energon mine. After Wheeljack drove out, he detonated a bomb inside, believing he had blown the Predacon to smithereens. the beast soon revealed himself to have survived after he came from the rumble. After the Autobots were given reinforcements, the Predacon took chase after them and attempted to blow the Autobots out of the air. It sustained many of the ship's defenses and soon fell victim to getting bashed around as it was on top of the ship before finally being disposed of by being hit against a rock slide and digging it's way out. Back with the Decepticons, they learned of its loss. Starscream made fun of the Predacon, calling it mute and mindless, not noticing it glaring at him.
The Predacon would later be lured into a trap during the assault on Darkmount as he chased Ultra Magnus' ship. Before he could destroy Ultra Magnus, the Predacon was sent to the Arctic Circle via Groundbridge, where like the Scraplets, the subzero temperatures were able to freeze him instantly. He would remain in stasis for some time until the temperature rose enough that he was able to break free. He flew off for the Nemesis.
The Predacon would later be placed under the command of Starscream, much to his chagrin and would endure Starscream's abuse for a time. He would later be sent on a mission to retrieve Predacon fossils in Scotland. It was through this incident that the Predacon began to learn about his origins and gain more intelligence. After aquiring the Predacon bone the beast engaged Miko wearing the Apex Armor for fun, but when told to return to base with the bone, the dragon snatched it from Starscream, demonstrating his aggressive feelings towards Starscream before taking off with the bone.
Back aboard the ship Megatron congratulated the Predacon for his efforts before consulting with Knock Out on Project Predacon, which the beast took notice of before being attacked by Starscream. The Predacon out of rage attacked Starscream, but destroyed the communications dish. After it was completed, the Predacon used the computer on it to learn more about his past.
Beast No MoreAs Project Predacon was nearing its completion, he surprised everyone, including Megatron, by transforming into a robotic form and demonstrating his intelligence. The Predacon then informed a skeptic Megatron that he only recently discovered his ability to transform after much research. Later on the Decepticon warship the Predacon vowed his loyalty to Megatron but requested to lead the Predacons themselves with the name Predaking. Despite pledging his loyalty to Megatron in gratitude for his creation, the Predacon and his kind were seen as a threat to the Decepticon leader. Due to the fact that Predaking was more than a match for any number of Autobots, (or even Decepticons), Megatron surmised that the former beast and his kind would eventually turn on their masters. On the advice of Starscream, Megatron allowed the Autobots to discover the location of Project Predacon, with the intention that they would wipe out the Predacon clones, and even Predaking himself.
Though Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus were successful in destroying the clones, Predaking soon arrived and saw the result which enraged him to attack directly as a robot. Despite the combined efforts of Magnus and Wheeljack, using the Forge of Solus Prime and even dropping a giant rock on him, Predaking was able to overpower the two in no time, even breaking the Forge with his hands. They were barely able to escape Predaking's wrath with the timely arrival of Optimus Prime. Predaking tried to pursue, but the Autobots GroundBridged away just in time. At this point, Predaking was unaware of Megatron's treachery and swore revenge on the Autobots.
Later when Megatron planned to re-create the Omega Lock, Predaking requested that when done so, Megatron focus on the re-creation of the entire Predacon race for Predaking to lead in a combined alliance against the Autobots. However, he was unaware that Megatron had no intention of doing so. Later Predaking was called to service again when Shockwave was gathering supplies at a human base in the North Pole for the Omega Lock. Predaking as a beast appeared to battle the Autobots, but only ended up battling Optimus Prime while the others pursued Shockwave. After a long and lengthy fight Predaking had Prime at his mercy, but was ordered by Megatron to assist Shockwave, helping him escape with the device they sought.
When the Autobot Ratchet was captured to aid in the Omega Lock's creation, Predaking requested permission to terminate him, but was refused as the Autobot was key to Cybertron's restoration, but was promised to have him once his services were no longer required. As promised when Ratchet finished his work, he was handed over to Predaking who tossed him around like a chew toy,but Ratchet told Predaking the true circumstances of his bretheren's demise which enraged Predaking enough to let Ratchet go and begun attacking Vehicon troopers all over the ship. Eventually finding Megatron he engaged him directly and proved to be more powerful than him, but a cheap shot in the back from Starscream allowed Megatron to chuck in against the airlock release which Megatron opened and blasted Predaking out of.
Arrival on Cybertron / Encounter with Unicron
It was assumed by the Decepticons that he had perished at that time as they prepared for the Autobot assault on the ship. However, Predaking had in fact managed to grab onto the ship's hull as the Autobots and Decepticons battled in which Megatron was finally killed, and the Autobots used the Nemesis Omega Lock to restore Cybertron's core. Once this was done, Predaking let go of the ship and flew off into the distance as the other Autobots watched. Predaking took refuge at the site where the Predacons died eons previously. The shifting of plates had revealed their fossils and he stood watch over them. The Autobots showed up at Predaking's home and told him there were two other living Predacons on Cybertron and asked for his help in tracking them but he refused, having not forgiven the Autobots for destroying the previous batch of Predacon clones on Earth and threatened to kill the Autobots if they were to ever crossed him again. However, Predaking set off during the night to try and find them.
He found an area where his brothers clearly had been, but the trail was cold and trying to track them would be useless, instead he transformed into beast mode and unleashed a fireball into the sky in the hopes of attracting them. His beacon bear fruit, but the only arrival proved to be Megatron, in a new body controlled by Unicron. Unicron tried to recruit him, but thinking he was Megatron, Predaking transformed into his beast mode and began attacking aggressively. Unicron used his godly powers to put a halt to Predaking's attack. He then peered into Predaking's mind and discovered a cemetery of Predacon fossils. When Predaking regained consciousness he set off for the grave site only to discover they had been taken by Unicron.He tried to recruit his two brothers, but they did not recognize his authority.
After a short fight they swore loyalty to him. Shockwave then congratulated all three of his creations, but suggested they should fight their enemy and not each other. Predaking led the two against the undead Predacons and killed a substantial number. When the Nemesis crashed they stood by the Autobots to defend Cybertron. They tried to defend the Well of All Sparks against the undead, but were pushed in by sheer force. When Unicron was defeated the three Predacons stopped falling inches from the core. Once the conflict had ended they flew off to Darkmount where Predaking took his revenge against Starscream with his two subjects off screen. Starscream was most likely killed in the process. It it also likely that Predaking and his brothers now live in peace with the Autobots, like Bumblebee said.
Abilities / Physical Appearance
Predaking's Beast Mode is that of a large, robotic dragon with wings for flight, claws and fangs for close-combat, a tail that can whip about at high speeds to knock away Autobots (or Decepticons), as well as damage anything within its range, and the ability to project highly-intense bursts of explosive flames of which Predaking was seen killing numerous dozens of Terrocons with a single blow. He can track down any prey by scanning a sample of Energon or by using his homing instincts.
In Robot Mode, Predaking is somwhat smaller than his beast mode but larger than both Megatron and Optimus Prime and has heavy armor plating, making him highly resistant to blaster fire and impacts. He has enormous brute strength and his clawed hands are deadly weapons in close-quarters. He is armed with a plasma cannon and fights with an incredible amount of ferocity and endurance. He was strong enough to break the Forge of Solus Prime in two with his bare hands and beat up Megatron, something very few characters have been able to do. He was also able to lift and entire rock twice his size and ram it into Wheeljack and crushed Ultra Magnus's hand with his foot. Predaking also seems to have powerful hand muscles as he managed to stay gripped to the Nemesis during the entire climax battle between Autobots and Decepticons, though the travel to Cybertron and susbsequent restoration before finally letting go.
When first created the Predacon displayed only a limited amount of intelliegence and was unable to speak. However his inteligence as a beast quickly grew even learning how to access a computer before learning how to transform. Predaking has extreme confidence in his own abilities to the point of arrogance. Unfortunately for the Autobots, his confidence is well founded as Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack discovered first hand as they were defeated by the seemingly unstoppable Predacon. Even Optimus Prime was unable to stop Predaking's rampage. His driving goal is the restoration of his kind and to this end he had sworn complete loyalty to Megatron as he believed that he is the one that could make that goal a reality, before discovering his leader's treachery. After which Predaking grew a deep hatred and was willing to kill every Vehicon in his path before taking Megatron head on.
Predaking has shown that while he can be an unstoppable killing machine, he is very intelligent and never uses contractions. He has shown the attitude of a warrior and welcomes any opportunity to fight Optimus Prime, who he seems to regard as his only physical equal. However, as he refers to Optimus only as "the Prime" it is possible he bases this on the assumption that Optimus is as powerful as the Thirteen, rather than Optimus' actual fighting abilities. Due to his young age, (if flashbacks between Out of the Past and Scattered are accurate he is roughly 5 years old) he is quite naive and was unable to anyalze the situation that led to his clone army's death due to his rage before Ratchet helped him.
Despite Predaking's hatred for both Autobot and Decepticon, Predaking does seem to have the common sense to team up with the winning side when the stakes are high as he gave a death threat to Bumblebee and the Autobots, but later teamed up with them against Unicron. However, Predaking does not seem to forgive or forget as he blames both the Autobots and Decepticons for terminating his brothers, and even takes revenge on Starscream for the wounding of his pride. Despite this however he seems to have forgiven the Autobots as he wasn't seen betraying them and possibly fulfilling Bumblebee's wish of Autobots and Predacons living on Cybertron together.
Before his evolutionary break through, Predaking was completely loyal and obedient to Megatron and followed his every command when it came to hunting and retrieving the mission objective, even traveling halfway across the world to reunite with Megatron on the Nemesis. Megatron occasionally repaid Predaking's accomplishments with patting him on the head. After Predaking transformed, he was still loyal to Megatron, but Predaking's rapidly increasing intellect made his master fearful of him, even setting up the Autobots to terminate Project Predacon for them. When Predaking learned of this, his loyalty turned to hatred enough to drive Predaking to attack Megatron head on and almost killed him, only to be beaten from a cheap shot from Starscream.
Even from the beginning Starscream and Predaking did not get along, mainly due to Starscream's hatred towards Predaking's creator, Shockwave. When put in charge of Predaking, Starscream would often use an Energon Prod to get Predaking to heed his commands, despite Starscream being terrified of the beast. However a resentful Predaking would often just strike him back as a result, even tackle him as a beast. When he transformed, Predaking even threatened to kill Starscream if the treatment continued thus ending the wounding of his pride. Although Predaking never forgot the wounding as much later with Darksteel and Skylynx he takes his vengeance upon Starscream and presumably killing him.
Predaking's creator whom Predaking was shown little if any aggression towards. Before his evolutionary break through, Predaking was completely loyal and obedient to his creator, following his every command. Despite this Predaking and Shockwave have been seen together very little since his debut, though Shockwave eventually supported Megatron's notion to destroy Predaking and the Predacons when he demonstrated the ability to transform. However it is eventually Shockwave that convinces the Predacons to team up with the Autobots to fight Unicron.
Knock Out was present when Predaking transformed for the first time and while he didn't openly support Megatron's choice to terminate him and his kind, he did not object either. Knock Out appeared to be fearful of Predaking in both modes as he was quick to run upon seeing him in anger. Since Knock Out joined the Autobots he appeared to befriend Predaking.
Presumably supported Megatron's decision to offline the Predacons which would make him an enemy to Predaking.
Despite being the Autobot leader and Predaking's enemy, the two have very rarely been seen together at the same time. However when the did get personally acquainted Predaking demonstrated immense strength in both forms and almost offlined him. Predaking did seem to regard the Primes highly, and at least considered Optimus as the closest thing to a worthy foe the Autobots could ever throw at him. Optimus was the first Autobot to learn Predaking's name.
Perhaps Predaking's true arch-enemy in the series, Ultra Magnus and the Wreckers have had the most encounters with the Predacon and were the first to engage him in the field in a lengthy dogfight and again in an underground cave. When Predaking did transform, Predaking almost destroyed Magnus by crushing his hand to pieces and destroying his hammer.
He and Bulkhead were the first to encounter the Predacon thanks to Wheeljack's spilled Energon at his escape from Darkmount which Predaking tracked. It was also Wheeljack who detonated the grenade that destroyed Shockwave's lab and the entire Predacon army, sending Predaking into such a rage that he almost killed Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus. Wheeljack was also the first to engage Predaking in his new robot mode.
He and Wheeljack were the first to encounter Predaking and have almsot been killed in all their encounters with the beast.
Once he completed for the Decepticons the Synth-En formula with the Autobot base as leverage, Predaking was given Ratchet to make up for his failure to terminate Optimus. However upon Ratchet revealing Megatron's betrayal, Predaking actually stopped attacking him to listen and quickly came to believe him. He seems to have some respect for Ratchet due to his honesty and engaged in civil conversation.
During Predaking's search for his two brothers he encountered Unicron, who was possessing Megatron's body, he immediately assumed that it was Megatron and instantly attacked. However, after being defeated by his godly powers, he seemed to realise that Megatron was possessed and with his brothers, teamed up with the Autobots in order to defeat him after he transformed the remains of his ancestors into Terrorcons.
Skylynx met Predaking after the latter returned to the Predacon burial site. Skylynx seemed to have more respect for Predaking (most likely due to his higher intelligence than Darksteel) but refused to follow him, after giving one order. After Predaking proved stronger than him in both modes, he obediently followed.
Darksteel met Predaking after the latter returned to the Predacon burial site. Darksteel, as usual, took Predaking's serious words as an oppurtunity to laugh. Like Skylynx , he refused to follow at first but was convinced after being beaten.
Season 3: Beast Hunters:
- Scattered (first appearance)
- Project Predacon (mentioned only)
- Chain of Command
- Plus One
- Thirst (mentioned only)
- Predaking is the second antagonist who is stronger than Megatron, after Unicron.
- On that subject Unicron himself is the only character that Predaking was not able to defeat as seen in Predacons Rising, though he was able to last great deal of time.
- Before discovering how to transform, he was simply called the Predacon.
- Since discovering his ability to transform, Predaking seems to prefer robot mode to beast mode. Ironically however it is his beast mode which seems to be stronger.
- Also, Predaking has never been shown talking in his beast mode, suggesting it's an ability only his Robot mode can perform.
- This is the first time Predaking was redesigned since Generation One in which he was the combined form of five other Predacons. But this is the first time Predaking has been a single character and in charge of his own faction unlinked to the Autobot or Decepticons.
- Fittingly, Predaking has Preda-jaws.
- Predaking has a wingspan of two football fields.
- Predaking's breath is hotter than the planet Mercury, which has highs of 700 Kelvin (or 427 degrees Celsius/800 degrees Fahrenheit) at daytime. That's pretty hot.
- Predaking seems to suffer from mass displacement. It's been shown multiple times that his beast mode's big enough to toss around Cybertronians like chew-toys, while his robot mode stands only head and shoulders over Megatron.
- Recent talk from producer Robert Orci has confirmed that there will be a sequel series to Transformers: Prime. With the Decepticons essentially crippled, it has been implied that the Predacons may take over as the main antagonistic faction.
- Predaking was able to grab into the Nemesis while being tossed through mid air, a massive space battle, the ship falling out of orbit from side to side and from intersteller travel through a space bridge. Predaking must have strong hands.
- Predaking has similarities to Frankenstein's creature from the classic novel. Both were created by a mad scientist that pushed the boundaries of creation, both are stronger than the average member of their race and both are looked down upon. In the creature's case it is due to his hideous appearance, in Predaking's case it is due to his being a Predacon.
- Predaking's personality seems to be passed by Dreadwing. For one thing, they both are skilled in combat and have been betrayed by Megatron.
- Like Arcee, Predaking tranforms in size. Only difference is size and Predaking is a Predacon.
- Though Megatron holds the possition of series main antagonist, it can be argued that Predaking holds equal status for season three as Predaking fights the Autobots the most in season 3 and is the prime reason for many of Megatron's motives and is also stronger than him.
- "Strike me again and I'll burry that rod in your spark" - Predaking's first words to Starscream when he first transforms.
- "The very same who previously allowed you to live, but will not today." - Predaking to Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack
- "What have you done to my brethren? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?" - Predaking attacks Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack
- "Prepare to perish." - Predaking after overpowering Ultra Magnus and Wheeljack
- "It took a cataclysm to extinguish Cybertron's original Predacon inhabitants. You never stood a chance against me Prime, in fact *transforms hand into gun* the time has come for your extinction!" - Predaking to Optimus Prime.
- "I am Predaking! And I will never bow to your kind." - Predaking to Optimus.
- "I will tear you apart!"- Predaking to Megatron.
- "Indeed legions of them. Behold my subjects a countless multitude rendered extinct ages ago by the great cataclysm. Unearthed by the shifting of plates during our planets' restoration." - Predaking showing Bumblebee, Arcee, Smokescreen and Bulkhead his dead ancestors.
- "You assume that because I turned against Megatron, I can forgive the Autobots, their role in the destruction of my brethren on Earth!? Leave me be and dare not trespass here again." - Predaking to Bumblebee, Arcee, Smokescreen and Bulkhead.
- "In the name of the mighty legions of Predacons who proceeded me, I shall never again yield to your charge. But I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy As A Beast!!!"- Predaking to Unicron
- "The burial ground.........desecrated.......stripped mind of all that remained of our ancestors." - Predaking to Skylynx and Darksteel .
- "Dark magic. Perpetrated by the Demon who lives in Megatron's skin." Predaking tells about Unicron
- "We three are proof that our mighty race might once again have flourished. They're remains must be reclaimed if for no other reason then to be properly laid back to rest." Predakings' first command
- "I am not your boss. I am your king!" - Predaking to his two subjects Skylynx and Darksteel, Predacons Rising.
- "I would recommend leaving that to those more suited for the task." Predaking to Bumblebee
- "Skylynx, Darksteel. Allow nothing to enter the well!!" - Predaking to Skylynx and Darksteel.
- "I am not here to seize thrones, Starscream. But to settle scores." - Predaking to Starscream.