|Alias|| Orion Pax (Pre-Autobot name) |
|Species|| Cybertronian |
|Rank|| Leader |
|Status|| Unknown |
|First appearance|| Darkness Rising, Part 1(Series) |
Transformers: War for Cybertron(Games)
|Voiced by||Peter Cullen|
Eventually, Optimus then used the Omega Lock to restore Cybertron where he and his team (With Ratchet) currently work to rebuild the planet. Optimus Prime made Bumblebee warrior before he went on a journey with Wheeljack to retrieve the AllSpark, the source of Cybertronian life only to return to a planet attacked by Unicron and his minions, though Optimus was able to defeat the chaos bringer once and for all by trapping him, the AllSpark and the Matrix within Prime's own spark, but sacrificed himself to restore Cybertron's life. Before leaving, Optimus told his team, that they have acted like true Primes even without the Matrix. He asked them to keep fighting the noblest of fights, which Bumblebee responded by telling Optimus that they will keep the peace in his memory. Optimus smiles at them and flies into the core. Team Prime sadly watch their leader leave into the core. Optimus enters inside and opens the Matrix of Leadership. As he enters the core, light shines on him as he closed his eyes. Suddenly millions of Sparks fly from the core into the sky. One red spark shined out (which seemed to be Optimus' spark) among them. It was revealed in Transformers Robots In Disguise episode Pilot (Part 2) that Optimus Prime was able to maintain his physical form to help Bumblebee and his team in defeating Underbite. However, Optimus does not know if he is alive and states that the universe has a plan for him.
Optimus Prime was created as the last of the Thirteen Primes, the first generation of Transformers, each created directly by Primus as a band of unique warriors to combat and defeat Unicron. Upon his creation, Optimus united the Thirteen by his greeting All are one. While all of the other members of the Thirteen each possessed unique abilities and artifacts, Optimus wielded no special powers or weapons. It was only through his vision and courage that allowed the Thirteen to finally defeat Unicron. Furthermore, the plan concocted by the Primes involved Optimus using his Spark, which was very similar to Primus' own, to render Unicron comatose, with the other Primes attacking the Chaos Bringer as a distraction. Optimus emerged mostly unharmed from the final conflict that split the Thirteen. However, upon activation of the Well of All Sparks, Optimus chose to enter it and be reborn as one of the lesser Transformers, in order to know them and their needs better. He did so, and was recreated as the simple Orion Pax.
Golden Age on Cybertron and the Great War
Orion Pax, as he was first called, emerged as one of the first bipedal Transformers from the Well of AllSparks. Alpha Trion immediately realized there was something special about him and made sure to keep him close. Orion Pax worked at the Hall of Records under Alpha Trion. Orion frequently read about Cybertron's past and became concerned with the corruption in high places and inequality. He shared these ideas with a gladiator named Megatronus, and the two believed they could rule together. They were great friends in sharing their ideas with each other and mentoring. Orion and Megatronus were like brothers in their friendship. Before Megatronus left the arena for the political, he saw fit to change his name.
However, when the two presented their ideas to the High Council they discovered they were quite different. Megatronus, a.k.a Megatron, wanted to use violence as a way of achieving power. But Orion didn't believe in violence as means of achieving justice. Orion explained the ways of leadership, which the sparks and minds of the Council were touched by. The High Council was moved by Orion's words and Orion was named the next Prime, but didn't accept the responsibility yet because the current Prime was Sentinel Zeta Prime. Jealous and enraged at this, Megatron turned against Orion and the Council. This set the spark in the war and Megatron began destroying Cybertron with his followers. After Megatron infected the Core of Cybertron with Dark Energon, Orion boldly ventured into the Core of Cybertron. For his bravery, Orion was given the Matrix of Leadership by Primus, thus making Orion Pax into "Optimus Prime". When the war reached a tipping point, Optimus launched the AllSpark to Theta Scorpieye to prevent Megatron from getting his hands on it. When Cybertron eventually went dark, Optimus led the Ark away. After thousands of years, Optimus made his way to Earth with some Autobots at his side.
Human encounter and the return of Megatron
Cliffjumper came under attack by Vehicons after getting a signal of a large amount of energon. Arcee reported the attack to Optimus, who assembled the Autobots and told them to return to base and prepare to GroundBridge. Optimus went with the others to the sight where Cliffjumper was attacked and with the finding of his horn and his life signal going out, the Autobots were able to confirm that he had died. The team held a memorial service for their dead teammate. Optimus told the group that they were the only Autobots that remained on Earth and that they owed it to themselves and the memory of their fallen comrade to survive. A disillusioned Arcee left the Autobots and went alone to continue protecting humans. Ratchet told Optimus that protecting human kind would only result in more casualties. Optimus told him that his opinion was noted as they looked on. Arcee and Bumblebee were soon spotted by two humans while fighting off Vehicons. After becoming aware of this through their mentioning of it at the base, Optimus instructed Arcee and Bumblebee to retrieve the two. Along the way, they were spotted by a third human, a girl named Miko Nakadai. The two took her back to the base as well. after they arrived, Optimus explained to the three that the Autobots were robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron.
He explained that the Decepticons were on Earth with them because their planet was uninhabitable and stated that if Megatron returned then he feared for the worse. Agent Fowler came, which Optimus told the humans to hide so that he doesn't get them out. When Cliffjumper's signal came back online, Optimus went with his team while Ratchet remained at the base with the humans. In a Decepticon mine, they fought Vehicons and killed several of them. In their desperate attempt to find Cliffjumper, they were too late and escaped the mine before it blew up. They groundbridged back to base, where Miko asked if she could come next time. Arcee was close to yelling at her, but Jack took Miko away. Optimus asked Arcee what she saw and she told him that Cliffjumper was experimented on by the Decepticons. Arcee fates near the floor, which caused the team to try to help her. She said she was fine, but Ratchet had to check her. He examined her and found a strange colored liquid on her hand. Ratchet scrapped it off her hand and told her to take a decontaminate bath to avoid any strange things. Optimus assigned Bumblebee with Raf, Bulkhead with Miko and Jack with Arcee to accompany them to their homes.
Optimus saved Ratchet from a device that was possessed by Dark Energon. As the humans and Autobots came to the base, Optimus prepared to roll out with Ratchet. Optimus puts Arcee in charge and she questions him on where he's going. Optimus said he was going with Ratchet to investigate and they went off. After a long walk, Optimus and Ratchet found Megatron. Megatron used a dark energon shard to revive a small army of zombie Cybertronians. Optimus and Ratchet fought them head on. They almost fell at their mercy, until Optimus used his strength to kill a bunch of them and helped out Ratchet. Optimus was close to getting at Megatron, but failed as he climbed to the top. He helped Ratchet and Ratchet questioned Megatron's intentions. They returned to base for repairs, which Optimus helped Ratchet with his arm. Optimus found out that the humans went on a wild chase to get Agent Fowler back and Bulkhead told Optimus it won't happen again. Miko protested and showed Optimus a picture of a Vehicon, which she thought was a Decepticon plan. Optimus explains that if Megatron uses Dark Energon to revive Cybertron's dead, the zombie army will come to Earth and destroy it.
Optimus assembled his team and they prepared to fight against the oncoming threat. They killed Vehicons and Optimus fought against Megatron. Optimus and Megatron fought each other, fiercely. Optimus almost had the upper hand, but Megatron had him in his grasps. Megatron was close to making the killing blow, until Starscream interrupted him from doing so. Optimus gets the upper hand and shoots Megatron across the bridge. Optimus escapes with his team back to base. Arcee was damaged, but she is still standing. Optimus makes a speech on how they will vanquished any foe that comes in their way and that they will stand for their home.
Optimus was feeling unhappy about their recent victory. Optimus tells Ratchet that he had hoped to change Megatron's mind. Ratchet said it wasn't by Optimus' hands but by Megatron's own twisted arrogance, which didn't help Optimus in the situation. Suddenly an explosion in the base ended their conversation and Optimus went with Ratchet to investigate. It was Raf's volcano. Raf was working on it with Bumblebee, Miko was working on her project with Bulkhead and Jack was working on his project with Arcee. Ratchet thinks their making a mess, but Optimus said it was a good way for the Autobots to learn more about Earth.
Bumblebee and Raf were talking about Bee's status in the Autobot ranks. Optimus laid his hand on Bumblebee's shoulder and told Raf that Bee has much to experience. An energon surge gets detected on the base's sensors, which Optimus proceeds to head out with Ratchet. Ratchet made an excuse of helping the children with their science projects. Optimus takes Bumblebee instead and they leave the base, via ground bridge to the location. Optimus told Bee to hold his position and wait for Optimus' command. Optimus meets up with Skyquake and Starscream. Optimus talks to Starscream about peace between the Autobots and Decepticons. Starscream said he would be willing to call a truce if Optimus bowed down to him, but Skyquake knocked Starscream off. Optimus tries to reason with Skyquake about siding with the Autobots, despite Skyquake charging at him. They fight for a short time until Bumblebee came in and shot at Skyquake. Optimus notes that Skyquake has not acquired a vehicle mode. They retreated from Skyquake's rapid shooting and Skyquake managed to scan Agent Fowler's jet when Optimus knocked him to the ground. As Bumblebee jumped on Skyquake's jet mode from a cliff, Optimus asks Fowler for help. Agent Fowler helps Bee and Skyquake went crashing down on the ground, which killed him in the process. Optimus said if Skyquake decided to not follow Megatron's command, they wouldn't bury him on that day. Back at the base, Optimus commended Bumblebee on his performance. Despite Ratchet helping the kids with their projects, they didn't receive any good credit. As Ratchet walked away, Bee beeps and Optimus states he's correct that their human friends would of been wise to stray from Ratchet's path.
Frozen with Arcee
When Bulkhead and Bumblebee came back from finding something strange in the Arctic, Optimus questioned Ratchet on what is was that they found. Ratchet said he didn't find anything and said that the pod can't be opened while it's frozen solid. Optimus goes with Arcee to find any clue that could explain the origin of their Arctic find. Ratchet tells them that once their core temperatures have reached the blue zone, system failures are likely to happen. The kids arrived in the base with Bulkhead and Bumblebee. Miko came out and asked Ratchet if they missed them. Ratchet asked why they the humans were not in school, which Miko replied that it was Saturday. Jack asked Arcee what was happening and Arcee told him that it was her turn for Arctic exploration duty. Raf wanted to tag along but Optimus told him that he would invite Raf, but the temperatures are much too extreme even for them to handle. Before leaving with Arcee, Optimus promised to bring Raf a snowball when he returned from the Arctic.
After some time searching, the temperature sensors Ratchet had given them went off. Optimus asked Arcee about her status and she told him that they should go back to base. Optimus tried to signal Ratchet, only to find out that the comm-link was down. Optimus and Arcee walked through the Arctic to get a signal. Arcee fell down on the snowy ground, which Optimus helped her up. Arcee suggested that they take a long drive to Miami, but Optimus said they can't risk giving off too much energy and suggests they seek shelter. The pair sought shelter and started talking in order to stay alive. Arcee suggested that they play a game called "who screwed things up back at base." Optimus thinks it was a simple malfunction, which Arcee replied could of been caused by Bulkhead. She said Bulkhead could of tripped over a power cable and relates on how the Autobots arrived on Earth where Bulkhead tripped over a bunch of power cables, causing him to do some dance in the process. Optimus said Bulkhead may be large, but his inner strength is without bounds. As the pair began to freeze, Arcee explained how they would die in the arctic than at the hands of the Decepticons. Optimus explains that it may not be the finish they planned and that they might become one with the AllSpark. Optimus' speech was cut short as Arcee reached out her left hand to hold Optimus' left hand.
They held hands and Arcee said it was an honor to serve with Optimus. A Ground Bridge opened up with Bulkhead coming through with a bunch of Scraplets behind him. He tells Optimus and Arcee to get down as the Scraplets came at them. Optimus protected Arcee as the Scraplets swiftly froze and harmlessly bounces off them. Bulkhead said he would invite them in but the base was a mess. Back at the base, the children were helping Ratchet with Bumblebee and Bulkhead's status. Optimus told Ratchet that he should get some rest from saving their lives, which Ratchet replied it wasn't all his doing as he looked at the humans. Ratchet said they were fortunate that this all happened on a Saturday and Optimus said that their human friends may be small but they are strong. Miko screams at a harmless spider she saw and runs away. Optimus, Ratchet, Jack, Raf and Bulkhead watched her as she ran. Bulkhead questioned if she screamed like a girl, which she did.
Optimus was there when Team Prime received a call from Wheeljack, a best friend of Bulkhead. When Wheeljack came in the base, he was welcomed by Optimus. As the team celebrated, Optimus went for a drive as Arcee tells Jack that Primes don't party. Optimus came back when the Wheeljack that came was a Decepticon called Makeshift. Optimus told the real Wheeljack that he was welcomed to come back to Earth whenever he wished.
Optimus was walking with Arcee around the base when they received a call from Agent Fowler. He needed help from the Autobots in getting the Dynamic Nuclear Generation System back to his base. Optimus said if they send the device through the Ground Bridge, it could cause great harm. Agent Fowler questioned on what better ideas Optimus had in mind. Optimus went with Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Arcee in helping Agent Fowler getting the device while they use their vehicles modes only, to avoid detection from other humans. Agent Fowler rode in Optimus' truck mode and was hoping to drive, but Optimus said he has the driving under control. Agent Fowler said it was gonna be a long drive and Optimus told the Autobots to roll out in their vehicle modes as well.
As the Autobots drove with the device, Agent Fowler made a small conversation with Optimus about evil existing on Earth before the Autobot team arrived. When Agent Fowler suggested that Optimus listens to some music, a small team of crazy humans come on the seen. One of them said to pull over and Agent Fowler was able to dispatch one that came aboard the truck. Optimus told his team to remain in vehicle mode and they headed down further with these people. After traveling through a tunnel, the team was able to put the device in a passing train while M.E.C.H. was behind. The Decepticon troops came on seen and Optimus informed Agent Fowler that it's necessary to transform on sight. The team transforms into their robot modes and attacked the Vehicons. When Agent Fowler informed Optimus that M.E.C.H knew about their plan, Optimus was knocked out by a tree that a Vehicon was holding. Optimus flew off the cliff and fell unconscious. After some time, Optimus was able to regain conscious and drove off to save Jack and Miko from crashing inside the train. They were able to secure the device from M.E.C.H soldiers and the soldiers left with their leader, Silas. Arcee questioned on where was Optimus and Agent Fowler says Optimus has a train to catch. Optimus was able to drive alongside the train and held the front of the train with all his might. The train was able to stop from going over the damaged tracks that M.E.C.H. had blew up. Silas left in his copter and Ratchet comm-links Optimus to ask if he and the children were intact. Optimus tells him that they were okay and about another team of evil Decepticons, in human skin.
The Decepticons Knock Out and Breakdown arrived on Earth after being summoned by Starscream to tend to the wounded Megatron. Breakdown made his presence known when he attacked Bulkhead and Miko as they searched for the Harvester. After viewing an image of the Harvester, Optimus confirmed the artifact's identity and explained to the humans that the device was capable of draining energon from any source. After Raf questioned if Greek Gods knew Autobots, Optimus told him that the ancients used art of different eras to conceal messages. Optimus told them that the illustration most likely was used to convey where the location of the Harvester was. Optimus confirmed to Jack that the Harvester would be a dangerous weapon when used by the Decepticons. After the Autobots believed that the Harvester had been destroyed, Rafael showed them a image search result of the Harvester in a museum. When Arcee asked him if the Harvester depicted in the image search was the real one, Optimus told them to contact Agent Fowler. Upon learning that Agent Fowler was unavailable, Optimus told the others that without his direct aid, they would have confiscate the Harvester on their own. With their human allies expressing distaste in stealing it, Optimus told them that while he did not wish to violate human law, he knew that once the Decepticons learned of the Harvester's location, they would not hesitate to obtain it by any means necessary. Optimus told them that they would need to act covertly, prompting Jack to tell him that their size and the defenses around the museum would hinder their success.
However, Miko offered herself and the others to aid the Autobots in their recovery of it. While Bulkhead told her that he did not believe that was such a good idea, Optimus stated that it may be their best option and added that the longer they debated, the more time they gave the Decepticons. Optimus arrived at the museum with the other Autobots and after securing his position, was approached by Knock Out. Though he tried to maintain his cover, Breakdown shot a missile at the kids as they tried to get the Harvester. However, Optimus was soon defeated when Knock Out attacked him with his staff. As Optimus laid After being electrocuted, Knock Out lunged at him. Optimus was able to knock him out before collapsing himself. After Bulkhead was able to defeat the Decepticons by himself and destroy the Harvester, Optimus, Arcee and Bumblebee arrived to defend him after he collapsed.
Optimus asked Raf and Miko about the other's disappearance. They told him that they did not know, but Optimus gave them a doubted look. Optimus rescued Vince from Knock Out and told his Autobots that explanations will come from each of them after they get Vince to safety.
Optimus became sick with Cybonic plague after he and Ratchet came in contact with deceased Cybertronians with the plague in a crashed ship. Optimus was severally sick and was kept under care by Ratchet and Bulkhead while Bumblebee and Arcee seek the Decepticon ship for a cure. Eventually, Optimus was cured thanks to Bumblebee who boldly went inside Megatron's head for the cure. Optimus told the others to reserve the applause for Ratchet and Bumblebee.
Out of His Head
Optimus was fully recovered after the events in Sick Mind. He was there to stop Starscream from melting the Arctic. He went with Bulkhead and Arcee on this mission. He referred to the "N run on poly-hex" before they stopped Starscream. However, Megatron returns and stops Starscream from shooting a missile at Optimus. Optimus was there to see Bumblebee fully recover from Megatron's invasion of his head.
Optimus tagged along with Ratchet, Bulkhead and Bumblebee to stop Starscream while Arcee Groundbridges them. After a freak accident with the two Groundbridges, Optimus was there to help out when Jack, Miko and Raf was trapped in an a weird dimension. He was glad when they returned safe from harm.
Optimus told Bulkhead that he was foolish to engage Breakdown alone. When Breakdown was captured by M.E.C.H., Optimus tagged with Arcee, Bumblebee and Ratchet to rescue Breakdown, excluding Bulkhead out of the rescue mission. They evaded a trap set by M.E.C.H that nearly blew them up. Optimus was impressed with Bulkhead after he came to rescue Breakdown.
Optimus made a cameo near to the end of this episode.
Optimus went with Arcee, Bulkhead and Bumblebee to investigate a Decepticon signal. They found Airachnid, who was running away as Arcee chased after her. Optimus saved Arcee from Airachnid as she held Arcee in a headlock position. Optimus told Arcee that she knew better then to engage the enemy alone and told her revenge will not bring back those that they have lost, after hearing Arcee's need to avenge Tailgate. Optimus was most surprised when Starscream wanted to join the Autobots. He even agreed with Arcee about Starscream telling the truth, despite Bulkhead's worries. Optimus puts Arcee in charge of watching Starscream, even after Arcee wanted to come along with them to fight Airachnid. During the fight, Optimus and Bulkhead were frozen by Airachnid. Luckily Bumblebee destroyed the device when he punched Airachnid. Back at the base, Optimus and Bulkhead were free from their frozen state. Optimus tried to give Arcee some words of wisdom by stating "Wisdom can not be granted Arcee. It must be earned, sometimes at a cost."
Ratchet began to experiment with Synthetic Energon. In the meantime, the other Autobots learned that more energon was on the move. Optimus concluded that recent activity suggested that the Decepticons had been desperately looking for new energon deposits. Before being able to roll out with the others, Ratchet stressed to Optimus that if one of them came back wounded before lamenting that their energon deposits were nearly depleted. Optimus told him that he understood before departing with the others. Their attempt to retrieve some energon resulted in a chase, with the Autobots following Knock Out and Breakdown and burned fuel while doing so. Excluding Arcee, the Autobots were left behind when a multitude of missiles fired and caused them to lose chase after boulders hit by the missiles came down and blocked their path. Optimus told Arcee to fall back, reasoning that she was outnumbered. Optimus told Ratchet to lock on to her and prepare an emergency GroundBridge. However, Arcee still would not return and chose to continue driving before being shot down. Ratchet came to her aid and took out the Vehicons. While Breakdown and Knock Out prepared to attack Ratchet, Optimus and the others arrived and shot at the two.
Optimus returned to the base with the other Autobots and upon being told of the Synthetic Energon's influence, questioned Ratchet's choice to use it on himself. Arcee defended him and expressed her belief that all the Autobots should try the energon. After the Autobots detected another signal, Optimus told the Autobots to roll out before Bulkhead suggested that the Autobots bring in Ratchet, referring to him as their secret weapon. Optimus told him that the mission was very unlikely to require medical expertise. Ratchet however, told him that he never knew if it would require additional fire power. Optimus and the other Autobots went to the coordinate and soon fought against several Vehicons. While he and the others fought, Ratchet tried to harm a lone Vehicon in exchange for information on where Megatron was. As Ratchet prepared to finish the Vehicon off, Optimus stopped him and questioned what he was doing. Optimus tried to relay to him that the Autobots were not supposed to harm anyone unless all other resources, but Ratchet had other thoughts and quickly scolded him for having the ideals to not retaliate against Megatron and instead to chase after his crumbs. Optimus told his longtime ally that he would not condone any human casualties, prompting Ratchet to tell him that he seemed to have no trouble endangering theirs and brought up the recent death of Cliffjumper. Optimus told him that he was afraid that his use of Synthetic energon had affected his judgment. After confining him to base, Ratchet began to go through the GroundBridge to base, but instead pushed Bulkhead out of the way and began to drive away. Ratchet soon made his way to the Decepticons and despite being able to defeat Breakdown rather easily, he fell at the hands of Megatron and realized that he had been a fool as his signal appeared to the Autobots. Optimus rushed with the rest of the Autobots to save him. Encountering enemy fire, Optimus participated in attacking the Vehicons. As they finished with the Vehicons, the Autobots arrived just in time to retrieve their fallen ally. Returning to base, Ratchet stressed that he did not mean to hurt anyone, prompting Optimus to say that he just wanted to help them before telling him that he did nearly loss them a dear friend. Optimus told him that he also had succeeded in getting the Autobots a much needed source of energon.
The Battle/ Unicron encounter/ Memory lost/ Optimus Prime returns
During this time, an planetary alignment was coming. An ancient prophecy revealed that a world forged from chaos and that the weak shall perish in the shadow of a rising darkness. Optimus began his belief of those who believe the prophecy speaks to them alone. Optimus' team began talking about how Optimus was like Jack before he became a Prime. Agent Fowler called them about Decepticons stealing components to build a second space bridge. Optimus, Bulkhead and Arcee went to fend them off for a while until Megatron arrived. Megatron taunts on Optimus as Bumblebee comes in with Raf, who was badly hurt. Bulkhead restrained Bumblebee from attacking Megatron. Optimus ordered Ratchet to groundbridge Bumblebee and Raf to base, with Arcee aiding him. Bulkhead and Optimus snuck aboard the Nemesis to get back a component. Optimus ordered Bulkhead to go to base when they got the device, stating that he has something to do. He tells Bulkhead about the conflict between Autobots and Decepticons, then vows to destroy Megatron once and for all. As the planetary alignment gets closer and closer, Optimus storms the warship to find Megatron. Optimus used one of the Vehicon's comm link to call Megatron, to face the Autobot. Soon Optimus joins Megatron at a volcano site and they battle.
As the battle gets more intense, Optimus was close to killing Megatron with his sword, but Megatron catches his sword with unusual strength. Megatron overpowers Optimus and moves in to kill Optimus, just like his vision showed him doing. Though Optimus was rescued by Bulkhead, Ratchet and Arcee. They return to base with Optimus. They discovered that Dark Energon is on Earth. Miko thought they were talking about "Unicorns" but they were really talking about the blood of Unicron. June was taking Raf to the hospital, but Optimus explained to her that he will do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of their human friends, the safety of all humans. June tried to get Miko to come, but failed as Miko remained. Jack remained and told his mom he apologizes for disobeying. June takes Raf and leaves the base. Meanwhile the Autobots try to piece together the occurrence of the planetary alignment. Bumblebee returns to base with Raf and June, who he saved from a tornado. Jack made up with his mom and they discover that the weather has been going crazy all over the globe. Agent Fowler comes in and they figured out a strange heart beat inside the Earth's core. It was Unicron's heart, beating with his blood Dark Energon. Optimus explains the tale of Primus and Unicron. Unicron was cast out by the thirteen Original Primes and his body formed into Earth. He awakens due to the planetary alignment's pull. Later Optimus explores the location of a quake and its metals. Ratchet warns Optimus of Unicron's spark activity. Suddenly Unicron appears as a large stone. He attacks Optimus and Optimus asked him to spare humankind. Unicron considered them parasites and strikes at Optimus with lightning. Optimus blasts Unicron and Unicron crumbles to the ground. This, however, was not a victory. As more of Unicrons burst out of the ground, the gather around Optimus. Optimus attacks and destroys Unicron's manifestations but they were able to overpower him. Arcee, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead come to rescue Optimus. Soon they encountered one of Unicron's largest manifestations. They were overpowered and Unicron was about to kill Optimus, only to be shot several times in the back of the head before crumbling to pieces. Megatron revealed himself to be the one who fired those shots. Megatron helps Optimus up and calls for a temporary truce until Unicron is destroyed. Optimus accepts and realizes that they will have to groundbridge inside the Earth's core to get to Unicorn's spark. Despite Ratchet's arguments, they decide to use the Matrix on Unicron's spark. This means that they had to groundbridge with Megatron coming inside the base. Another manifestation was forming. Optimus calls for a groundbridge while Megatron stays behind to distract Unicron's manifestations. They deployed their guns when Megatron stepped through the groundbridge. While everything was setting up, Optimus meets up with Jack privately. Optimus entrusts Jack with a key card that controls the groundbridge operations until Optimus returns. Jack promised Optimus to keep the card safe. The team leaves with Megatron to the Core. Arcee wonders how long it will be before Unicron realized that they were inside him. Megatron tells her that Unicron already knows. As they walk further into Unicron, a giant Optic sensor watches overhead.
As they continue towards Unicron's spark, Megatron is seized, again, by a vision with Earth exploding. He tells them that Unicron grows more and more stronger. Arcee and Optimus question their trust in the Decepticon leader, but followed him further into Unicron. Suddenly strange robotic creatures observe them from above. As they continue to Unicron's spark, Bulkhead was starting to feel dizzy with the dark energon. Arcee and Bumblebee help Bulkhead get across without falling over. Megatron comes to a halt and realized that Unicron is preparing to expel them. Suddenly a huge number of anti-bodies fly right at them. They engage them and fought them one by one. During the fight, Bulkhead becomes dizzy and grabs hold of the platform's edge. Bumblebee caught Bulkhead before he could fall to his demise. Optimus and Megatron fought back to back as they kill the anti-bodies, displaying the effects of teamwork. Bumblebee tried to hold onto Bulkhead, even with Bulkhead telling Bumblebee to let go. Optimus catches Bulkhead when Bumblebee lost his grip and pulls up his comrade. Arcee catches a ride on one of the drones and catches up with them as they run towards Unicron's spark chamber. During a fight near Unicron's spark chamber, Megatron was seeing another vision. Unicron tries to force him to kill Optimus. Megatron saves Optimus from a drone instead of being under Unicron's control. Megatron fools Unicron's system into opening the chamber's door. He travels in it while Optimus orders his team to hold off their attackers as long as they can and follows Megatron. The passage leads to Unicron's spark chamber. Optimus prepares to use the Matrix, but a strike from Unicron's spark made Optimus fall to the floor. Megatron struggles from the strike but Unicron orders Megatron to kill Optimus. He forced Megatron to open his blade and walk towards Optimus. Megatron tries to hold back Unicron's strike, which he declared that no one commands him around. This was the worst mistake as Unicron provokes pain on Megatron. Unicron gains control over Megatron's body. Optimus calls upon the Matrix of Leadership. Unicron possesses Megatron's body with a purple flame over him. Unicorn tells Optimus that Earth will fall into Chaos, but Optimus cuts him off and lets out the Matrix's energy. The energy strikes at Unicron's spark, which a powerful wave hits Megatron to the ground. When the energy was drained, Optimus fell to his knees and onto the ground. Unicron's spark vanishes as he screams in pain.
Megatron awakens and watches Optimus laying down. He questioned himself on "teamwork" and pulls out his blade. Optimus gazes upon Megatron and addresses him as "Megatronus". Optimus asks where they were. Megatron was shocked and surprised at this. He retracts his blade and helps Optimus to his feet. Arcee, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead come in to ask Optimus if he was alright. Optimus questions on why did they call him "Optimus". He did not recognize them. Suddenly a groundbridge opens up and Megatron tells Optimus that they were enemies. Megatron provides cover and Optimus runs toward the groundbridge. Optimus turns and blankly sees Bumblebee's devastated gaze at him before disappearing through the bridge. Megatron follows and leaves the Autobots alone in the empty chamber. They went back to base to tell the others that Optimus is alive, but he didn't know them or his own name. Ratchet told them that Optimus not only lost the Matrix's energy, but he also lost his own memories. Back on the Nemesis, Megatron returns with Optimus. Breakdown moves to attack the Autobot, but Megatron halts him. Megatron tells them that was no way of treating a "long lost comrade." Megatron declares that "Orion Pax" is one of them.
As Orion Pax/ Optimus returns
Knock Out removed Orion's Autobot symbols and placed Decepticon ones in their place. Orion was then given a tour of the Nemesis space cruiser by Megatronus, now Megatron and told a twisted version of the war. According to Megatron, his old friend Ratchet had waged war on Cybertron and rendered it lifeless. Orion was shocked that Ratchet was capable of such horrors and vowed to do his part in stopping him. He then asked Megatron why they were called "Decepticons". Megatron answered that the name was originally a scare tactic but was adopted as a badge of honor. If saying the truth was a deception they were gladly guilty. Orion was put to work decoding Project Iacon which contained coordinates of Earth locations. Orion hoped they were cultural artifacts that were hidden from the war, his greatest fear was that they were WMDs. As he read through the fake war history he read that Starscream was the Decepticon first officer, when he asked Megatron, the Decepticon leader claimed Starscream was dead. As Orion worked, he found himself face-to-face with the supposedly dead Starscream. Orion insisted that was a clerk and was confused why he was being called "Optimus Prime". Starscream claimed Optimus was someone he once knew and that Orion looked like him. Before Vehicons came looking for Starscream, the Seeker planted the seed of doubt in Orion. Orion was equally intrigued by the mysterious "Optimus Prime," as a student of history he had never heard of this particular Prime. Megatron later came to check on Orion. When inquired as to why he informed him Starscream was dead, Megatron said Starscream was dead to him and was once a loyal servant. Under the lie of decoding, Orion looked up information on Optimus Prime. When he found an image (actually Ultra Magnus) the text that accompanied it claimed that Optimus Prime was the most corrupt of all the Primes and led the Autobots to conquer Cybertron while Megatron opposed him. Orion was confused as to why Starscream thought he was like Optimus and why Megatron said Ratchet was the Autobot leader. Orion kept digging for data, but was constantly blocked due to Soundwave's encryptions. Having enough, he hacked through them and discovered a second image under the first. It showed him that he was Optimus Prime! This had not gone unnoticed by Megatron who refused to tell Orion any more information on Optimus Prime and his connection to him.
Realizing his old friend was corrupt and that Optimus Prime was Cybertron's defender, Orion deleted all the work he did on Project Iacon. However, all the work had been recorded. Megatron ordered Orion to finish Project Iacon or die and appointed two Vehicons to guard him. Orion tried to appeal to the guards to rebel against Megatron but they decided to just beat him up. One lets slip that Orion was the former Autobot leader. As they continued to beat, Orion begged them to stop and suddenly transformed his arms into blasters. Shocked that he was armed, the guards brought out their guns, only for Orion to shoot back. When he opened his optics both Vehicons were dead and Orion was shocked that he had stopped them so easily. Realizing that somehow he was Optimus Prime and truly an Autobot, he escaped the Nemesis and went to confront Megatron at the Space Bridge. Orion made it clear to his old friend that even if he did not remember much, he knew he was a Prime and that Megatron had been lying to him. He charged at the tyrant with his blades, only to be stopped easily. Megatron prepared to execute him only for Arcee to tackle the warlord. A human then emerged from the Space Bridge, holding the Key to Vector Sigma. Orion asked if he was truly worthy of Prime-hood, which the human confirmed. Hesitating briefly, Orion accepted and the Key began to refill his Matrix. By the time Megatron reached him, he was Optimus Prime again, with no memory of his time as Orion Pax. Optimus soundly beat Megatron and returned to base with the other Autobots. Upon seeing the Decepticon badge on his shoulder, Ratchet informed him that they had their darkest hour, but Orion Pax had never stopped being an Autobot.
Operation: Bumblebee, Part 1
Optimus went with Ratchet to stop Megatron from taking an ancient Cybertronian relic, the Spark Extractor. Bumblebee showed up during the battle and managed to get the relic back from Megatron. Back at the base, Optimus informed his team about these kinds of relics, despite not recalling what happened when he had amnesia. When M.E.C.H stoled Bumblebee's T-Cog, Optimus promised Bee that they will do what ever it takes to make him whole again.
Operation: Bumblebee, Part 2
Optimus commanded Bumblebee to stay at the base while they find a way to get his missing bio mechanism back. Optimus talked with Ratchet about performing a transplant with Ratchet as the donor. When a relic's signal was on, Optimus went with Bulkhead and Arcee to get the relic, while Ratchet remained in stasis when the transplant was stopped. Optimus and Arcee were nearly pushed off the cliff by Knock Out but they were saved when Bulkhead knocked Breakdown onto Knock Out. Megatron came on site and took the relic with Knock Out and Breakdown escaping with him. Optimus, Bulkhead and Arcee came to see Bumblebee, who was carrying his destroyed T-Cog. Thankfully, Ratchet was able to repair his T-Cog.
Optimus went with Bulkhead, Arcee and Bumblebee to rescue Wheeljack from Dreadwing. Optimus told Wheeljack that he would do well to follow his command. Later, Optimus helped Wheeljack out of a rock pile and they went to rescue Bulkhead. They made a little conversation on the way, where Optimus mentioned how Wheeljack and Bulkhead have quite a history but he preferred to work alone. Wheeljack told him that the Wreckers scattered a long time ago and alone is usually a lot less complicated. They found Bulkhead strapped to a bomb on a crate on the docks. While Optimus engaged Dreadwing, Wheeljack doubted Optimus and Bulkhead told Wheeljack that Optimus does not run away from a fight. Eventually, Wheeljack realized that Optimus and Bulkhead were right about Dreadwing defusing the bomb on Bulkhead. Optimus trapped Dreadwing with a crane on the docks, which Dreadwing had no choice but to defuse the bomb. Dreading managed to blow up the docks before escaping. Back at the base, Optimus welcomed Wheeljack to the team after Wheeljack apologized to Optimus.
Special Agent Fowler was attacked by a vehicle with a very similar appearance to Optimus. After returning to the Autobot base, Optimus received suspicion from the other Autobots and questioned if something was wrong after they continued to stare at him. Arcee told Optimus that they had been wondering where he had been. Optimus told her and the others that he had been outside of their communication range and tried to reveal that he had been in a subterranean energon deposit as he pulled out the energon before the Autobots began to prepare their blasters. After the Autobots recalled their weapons, Agent Fowler explained to Optimus that he was attacked that night by a vehicle that bore a striking resemblance to him. After Fowler got off the phone from a report of an attack on the military base by Optimus Prime, the latter and the other Autobots responded to the attack and watched as the impostor retreated before the military came towards them and attacked the four instead, believing that their attacking Optimus Prime and the real Optimus Prime were one and the same and that he had brought reinforcements. After they were attacked, Optimus advised the other Autobots to return to base, stating that they must not inflict human casualties as they began to run away and into the GroundBridge sent by Ratchet for transportation to the Autobot base. Returning to the Autobot base with the others, he discovered from Fowler that the military were under strict protocol to destroy all robots on sight. Despite their human allies' protests, Optimus told them that the command changed nothing and that the impostor clearly poses a great threat to humanity. With Ratchet, he was able to deduce that MECH had been responsible for the attacks and recalled that they had recently obtained Starscream's T-Cog.
After Agent Fowler asked where they would start looking for MECH and related that their base could be anywhere, Optimus told him that while MECH may have learned much about their biology, they still had not learned of their science, having his words finished by Ratchet. Agent Fowler questioned Optimus on how he and the others would be able to run around with the military gunning for them. However, Optimus told him that he and the others would maintain vehicular cover until necessary. During his mission to locate the MECH base, Optimus would soon find himself alone. The other Autobots had all been attacked and defeated against MECH's creation. When encountering the impostor, Optimus told him that the deception ended there before the robot charged at him. Despite his best efforts, Prime began to fall at the hands of the robot. This was due to it's controller, Silas, having been able to incorporate his own moves into fighting Prime. His chances of winning were saved when Agent Fowler distracted Silas from his control center long enough for Optimus to launch a series of counterattacks that ended with Nemesis Prime breaking through the roof of where Silas and the controls were. Fowler had Optimus leave the area before the military arrived. After Agent Fowler had tried to convince General Bryce that the body that they have in storage is a clone and Optimus is alive and is still on their side, Fowler called Optimus to come over and reveal to Bryce that he was fine. Optimus came and asked Agent Fowler if he had encountered MECH agents. Agent Fowler didn't and told Optimus that General Bryce wanted to know if he was alright. Optimus assured General Bryce that he was fine and asked how General Bryce was doing. General Bryce said he was fine and a awkward silence began for a few seconds. General Bryce is convinced and dismisses Agent Fowler. After a failed mission to stop Insecticons, in which they captured Airachnid, Optimus lead his team to attack the crashed Nemesis hoping to use the Spark Extractor to end the war. Megatron had used Dark Energon to repair the ship and Optimus was put into stasis by a revived Trypticon. He was only freed when Trypticon went offline again.
With four Iacon coordinates, Optimus sent Arcee and Bumblebee to New York, Ratchet and Wheeljack to the West Coast and Bulkhead to the Central American mountains while he went to Antarctica. Here he encountered Dreadwing who had taken Starscream prisoner. After Optimus defeated Dreadwing and the Vehicons, Starscream asked to be released so that they could team up and find the relic. Optimus simply took him prisoner and ordered him to lead him to the the relic. Starscream tried to talk his way into Optimus' favor but was unsuccessful. When they arrived at the base, Optimus refused to enter until Agent Fowler had evacuated the humans. He and Starscream then entered the base only to be met by Dreadwing. As he and Optimus clashed, Starscream claimed the relic for himself, which turned out to be the Apex Armor. Forging a temporary alliance, Optimus and Dreadwing managed to defeat Starscream and went their seperate ways. Upon returning to base, Optimus found Bulkhead near-death and the Iacon database ready to decode. He began to work on it but was making slow progress due to having to use human technology. Optimus then met Smokescreen who greatly admired him and later officially promoted him after he had secured the Apex Armor from Starscream. After the Autobots dealt with Project Damocles, Smokescreen found the Star Saber. Without a Prime, the Decepticons could not move and were cutting up the mountain it was in to hide it. Optimus later arrived to claim it and demonstrated its power by cutting the mountain in half and using a wave of its power to destroy part of the Nemesis' engines. Losing his temper with Smokescreen he told him that he would not tolerate disregard for anyone's safety like Smokescreen had done. The sword then began to glow and Optimus said he was receving a message from Alpha Trion. Optimus, was actually listening to a recorded message by Alpha Trion who told him why their were so many Cybertronian weapons on Earth, and about the Omega Keys and Lock. Per Alpha's request Optimus kept the Lock's existence's a secret for the time. Optimus sent Arcee and Smokescreen to get the first Omega Key. Arcee returned saying Megatron had killed Smokescreen with power equal to the Star Saber's. Optimus went to confront him and found him sporting Liege Maximo's arm and the Dark Star Saber. While the two swords seemed equal at launching energy waves, Megatron's proved stronger. Optimus was spared death by the same way Smokescreen was spared: the Phase Shifter.
Optimus kept the Star Saber's hilt and went to work decoding relics. After the missions for keys #2 and 3 failed, Arcee began to chew out Smokescreen for placing his ego in front of the team's needs despite Optimus saying she had made her point. This caused Smokescreen to run off, Optimus said he needed space and was shocked that the final entry was Smokesceen whom he failed to rescue from Soundwave shortly after. Optimus theorized that Alpha Trion was launching the final Omega Key into space as the Decepticons stormed Iacon and out of desperation placed the key in Smokescreen. He further theorized that Alpha Trion had knocked out Smokescreen so that the young bot would not know the significance of what he was holding. Smokescreen later escaped and brought back both of the Decepticons' Omega Keys, only for all three keys to be lost to a trap set by Starscream. Dreadwing later gave the Autobots the Forge of Solus Prime and told them that Starscream had indeed joined the Decepticons again. With the Forge, Optimus upgraded the Ground Bridge into a Space Bridge and rebuilt the Star Saber. Besting Megatron, the Autobots found the Omega Lock only for the humans to be presented as hostages. The Autobots surrendered, but when Megatron began Cyber-forming Earth, Optimus grabbed the Star Saber and used it to cut off Megatron's arm and destroy the Omega Lock. Returning to base, Optimus found a second Darkmount created by the Lock and fought off hordes of Insecticons using the Saber. He ordered all the Autobots to retreat and stayed behind, preparing to both destroy the Space Bridge and fight off the entire Decepticon army alone if had to. However, Optimus incorrectly assumed Megatron's goal. Megatron did not intend to take the Autobot base he meant to destroy it, having had enough of Optimus' meddling in his plans. As Optimus destroyed the Space Bridge, the entire base came down on him, seperating him from the Star Saber and severely injuring him.
After taking a direct hit by the collapsing base, Optimus was severely injured and was soon to be discovered by the Decepticons before being saved by Smokescreen, who took him to an underground cavern. As Optimus moaned, Smokescreen told him that he was safe now and to reserve his energy. As Smokescreen prepared to embark for Ratchet, Optimus told Smokescreen not to and verbalized his belief that the two had no hope. Though Smokescreen was confused by his wording, he began to stare at his unresponsive leader.
At some point, Optimus asked about the Forge of Solus Prime and Smokescreen reasoned that if Optimus had the Forge, he could fix himself up. However, when Smokescreen retrieved it, Optimus informed him that the Forge had a limited amount of power and that it should be used to repair the Omega Lock. Optimus then stated that it was time for a new leader, and that he believed Smokescreen was him. While Smokescreen was hesitating to be the next prime, Optimus told assured him that the decision of the next Prime is made by the Matrix. Similar to his last encounter, Smoke hears the injured Prime asking who stands before him and in his mind his former mentor, Alpha Trion tries to convince Optimus to join with the AllSpark. He hesitates as he says that he is not afraid to join the AllSpark, but he fears who the Matrix of Leadership chooses. However, his lights went out. Consequently, his spark chamber opens and reveals a glowing Matrix of Leadership. Not willing to let Optimus die, Smokescreen places the obtained Forge into his hand and a surge of light brightens the cavern.
New Body and Infiltration
Beginning to lose his life, Optimus fell into a state of unconsciousness while Smokescreen stayed by his side. Though Smokescreen tried to talk to him, Optimus could not hear him as he talked to his former mentor Alpha Trion, whom requested that Optimus join with him in the afterlife. However, Optimus did not have a good feeling about doing so and resisted going while Smokescreen, against Optimus's wishes, used the Forge of Solus Prime to repair his commander, giving him a new body. After being repaired, Prime wasted no time in finding the Autobots, who had invaded, and been captured at Darkmount. Optimus was not immediately recognized by Starscream and Megatron as he flew down and punched the leader. After hitting Megatron, Optimus got reacquainted with Ultra Magnus and prepared to fight the Decepticons. With his return confirmed, the Autobots and humans began to fight off the Decepticons. Though Megatron tried to attack him, Optimus dusted him off and instead managed to land several hits on him before tossing him into the core of Darkmount's fusion cannons, wounding him severely. After retreating with the Autobots, Miko was impressed by his new form and referred to him as Optimus 2.0, deeming him "rad" after he and the rest of the Autobots were thanked by William Fowler for their assistance in stopping the Decepticons.
After taking refuge at the military by next to Fowler's office, he scanned a experimental, all-terain, expeditionary, fighting vehicle designed by M.A.S.K.. Before scanning, He had thanked Fowler for the new vehicle mode and told him it would most certainly do. He would soon head off to investigate a Insecticon excavation, where he ordered the creatures to abandon it before charging at them after they refused to do so. As the Insecticons launched at him, Optimus retaliated by sending a herd of missiles their way and managed to hit two of them before the remaining Insecticons attacked him with blasters of their own. After running one over in vehicle mode, he transformed and proceeded to hit one in the chest with his fist. After dragging it through the roof of the tunnel, he allowed it to hit the ground before charging at it and proceeding to shoot the Insecticon in the chest, killing it instantly and allowing him to continue in his quest to stop the remaining Insecticon from proceeding with his finding. After the Insecticon departed, Optimus returned to the military with his findings, the ancient remains of a Predacon. While the Autobots discussed the remain, Optimus stated that it stood to reason that Shockwave had cloned the Predacon from previously finding another Predacon remain. In addition to this theory, Optimus and the other Autobots concluded that Shockwave also had what he required to reaffirm their then-recent finding, prompting Optimus to tell them that they would need to become Beast Hunters. Later, Optimus overviewed Ratchet while he was examining Synthetic Energon. After allowing Ratchet to continue his work, Agent Fowler told Optimus that satellite surveillance picked up two signs of Decepticon activity. Optimus stated that the Autobots would have to divide their resources, ordering Ultra Magnus to lead the Wreckers to a coordinate before the latter asked him what a kilt was, following Fowler's suggestion to wear one. Optimus told him that Agent Fowler could at times be oblique and said that he found it best to nod and mobilize. After Ultra Magnus made it known to Optimus that he knew there were many emotions tied to the Forge of Solus Prime, Optimus said that it was no time to stand on ceremony. Optimus soon departed with Bumblebee and Smokescreen from the base via GroundBridge. After transforming, Optimus told the two that he would search a quadrant for the remain before flying off. During his flight, he tailed Shockwave and fired at him after being attacked by the Decepticon. Despite trying to aid Bumblebee and Smokescreen, Optimus was struck by Laserbeak, whom shocked him, thus preventing him from aiding the two. As he moved in to get the Predacon remain, Soundwave GroundBridged it away from him and into the hands of Megatron.
Omega Lock 2.0
When the Decepticons stopped registering activity Prime concluded that they had enough fossils to clone the army. He also noticed the rest of the Team seemed off put by Ultra Magnus. He gave his old friend advice that the command style the Elite Guard was used to would not work on Team Prime. When Energon was detected the Autobots Ground Bridged and killed all the Vehicons. Optimus had the Wreckers search the mine. He allowed an enthusiastic Smokescreen to accompany them. As the last of the Energon was transported to base, Smokescreen and Bulkhead exited the mine only for an explosion to happen. Flying in to find Magnus and Wheeljack he saved them from being killed by the Predacon, that had found its robot mode. Outflying it, he transported his men through a Bridge to base just before a burst of fire caught them. He was however, too late to save Magnus' hand and the Forge of Solus Prime. The Decepticons began stealing human technology. Optimus knew this meant they were attempting to building something. After failing to stop one theft, Optimus shot down Soundwave and the team captured him. Optimus tried to interrogate Soundwave, but all Soundwave did was play a remix of Optimus's voice. When Ratchet suggested dissecting Soundwave, the Decepticon erased his drives completely. Optimus later led a team to the Arctic to stop a theft, while leaving Smokescreen and Bulkhead to guard Soundwave. Ratchet told Optimus, Megatron might want to rebuild the Omega Lock. Optimus said they could not allow Megatron to rebuild the Lock as he would cyberform Earth.
Optimus found himself engaging the Predacon so that his team could prevent the theft. Optimus fought well and learned the Predacon's name was Predaking. However, Predaking got the upper hand and prepared to kill him. However, Megatron called him away. When Prime came to, he saw Predaking had made off with the necessary component. Optimus learned Ratchet had been captured by Decepticons. Wheeljack suggested Ratchet was taken for the Synth-En formula. Optimus added that Synthetic Energon could be necessary for the Omega Lock. Optimus followed Chip to try and find the Nemesis and rescue Ratchet. He found himself engaging Starscream's armada who had detected Laserbeak's transponder. After killing the Vehicons, Starscream destroyed Chip. Furious at losing his chance to rescue his friend, Optimus tried to kill Starscream only for the air commander to escape. He later heard Ratchet and the news that the Omega Lock was rebuilt. While the rest GroundBridged, Optimus flew to space to confront Megatron. Optimus discovered that the Dark Star Saber had survived the previous battle as Megatron used it to destroy his jet pack. Optimus made his way to the Omega Lock and tried to shoot Shockwave when the device was ready to launch. Megatron, then found him and threw his to lower part of the Lock for their final battle, kicking Prime's minigun off the Lock in the process. The two engaged with Optimus managing to punch the Dark Star Saber from Megatron. Both leaders then saw Bumblebee was leaping towards them with the Star Saber. Desperate, Megatron shot Bumblebee dead to prevent Optimus from destroying the Lock again. Furious, Optimus decked Megatron and moved to kill him. Megatron used the Dark Star Saber to send Optimus off the Lock and moved to kill him. He was saved by a resurrected Bumblebee who used the Star Saber to kill Megatron. Optimus had the ship move to Cybertron and informed his team Megatron was dead. After restoring Cybertron, Optimus said goodbye to his Earth friends and Ratchet (who was staying to help Unit: E). After one last look at Earth, Optimus walked through the Space Bridge after his team to a Cybertron that would finally accept him as the Prime that would lead them to a new age.
Optimus' first act was to promote Bumblebee from scout to warrior in honor of killing Megatron. His next act was to retrieve the AllSpark. Optimus used Ultra Magnus' Ship for the journey and asked Wheeljack to pilot, which Wheeljack wondered when they leave. The two travelled to Theta Scorpieye to search for the AllSpark. Optimus used his jetpack to navigate the asteroids to not risk damaging the ship and their only ride home. Optimus barely escaped being destroyed by a plasma storm while retrieving the AllSpark. While on the return trip, they were informed that Unicron had taken over Megatron's corpse and was trying to destroy Cybertron, but were unable to respond due to damaged communication systems. When Optimus arrived he immediately clashed against Unicron, who was glad for another sparring chance. He tried to draw out Megatron, but Unicron was firmly in control. While his men distracted Unicron he devised a plan to defeat the Chaos Bringer. He emptied the AllSpark from its vessel and inserted it into the Matrix. When Unicron seized the vessel his own Anti-Spark was sucked in. Optimus then witnessed Megatron reject any notions of conquest and fly off to parts unknown. Optimus later informed his team, and Knock Out, that the AllSpark was one with the Matrix and thus one with him and to allow Cybertron to live he had to merge with Primus. His last words were for the Autobots to continue exactly what they were doing and that despite that there would be no more Primes, they were all worthy of the title. Optimus flew into the core accepting his fate. His mind survived and gave last words of comfort to the Autobots through the AllSpark's power. "For in my Spark I know this is not the end... but merely a new beginning... simply put another transformation." When the sparks flews out of the well, a red spark (possibly Optimus) shines out (implying that he could return someday).
Transformers Robots in Disguise
In the aftermath of Cybertron restoration, a statue of Optimus was built in honour of his memory.
Optimus Prime's statue was accidentally destroyed by Sideswipe when Strongarm knocked him into the statue's right leg and causing it to break the whole thing. Before the statue came down, Bumblebee had a vision of Optimus Prime leading him to a message about Earth. It was revealed that Optimus Prime left coordinates to Earth and that he needed Bumblebee to go on Earth for a new mission in another vision.
When Underbite was about to devour the truck that Denny Clay was trapped in, Optimus Prime was able to manifest himself to physical form where he grabbed onto Underbite, threw him over the cliff and rescued Denny. Bumblebee's team was shocked by this and Bumblebee was surprised to see Optimus alive. However, Optimus told Bumblebee that he does not know whether he is alive or not, nor does he know what the universe has in store for him. Optimus compliments on Bumblebee and his team and gave them a quick speech about facing danger on Earth but he is certain they will accomplish great things. Optimus told Bumblebee to not doubt himself and that he will prevail before disappearing.
When Bumblebee expressed difficulty in leading his team he attempted to contact Optimus through a mirror to no avail, and he even tried to adopt Optimus's 'unique command style' which only humoured the team.
Eventually after the Decepticon fugitive Terrashock escaped from his stasis pod, Optimus appeared informing Bumblebee that he was only able to communicate with him when the Primes deemed that he was in dire need. When Bumblebee expressed his doubts, Optimus advised Bumblebee that he was not him before miraculously disappearing before he could finish telling Bumblebee his belief.
Though Bumblebee initially felt deeply gloomy by his leader's words, Russell eased his conscience believing that Optimus meantthat it was a good thing that Bee was not him and that Bee should focus more about his own style of command, this strengthened Bumblebee's self-esteem.
Personality and Traits
- When Optimus was originally known as Orion Pax, he was very timid and constantly doubted himself at times. Despite this, Orion proved himself to be a capable leader countless times. When Optimus returned to his original form briefly on Earth, he maintained much of the same idealistic traits as he did before his transformation into a Prime. However, one thing Orion continued to possess was his sense of right and wrong. This led Orion to discover Megatron's plan to use his research for evil and to destroy the peaceful Autobots, who Megatron claimed were evil. Unfortunately, Orion's senses of goodness and honor also made him easily manipulated, as seen by his dedication toward assisting Megatron beforehand.
- As Optimus Prime, he is a very stern and serious leader, not taking jokes, and as Bulkhead described never crying out or losing his cool. But when Optimus does lose his cool, it is due to the Decepticons who irritate him the most. Optimus is shown to not be the party type either, but he would attend little ceremonies or parties when he felt like it. It is unknown if Optimus can dance or listen to music like Bulkhead, Wheeljack and Bumblebee can.
- Optimus can also be at the same time a very caring bot, making sacrifices to ensure the safety of the team and their human allies, he will even go as far as to sacrifice himself to save Earth and Cybertron. Optimus also has a strong sense of honor and loyalty. However, Optimus has been shown as willing enough to leave his code of honor and resort to Decepticon tactics in order to stop Megatron. The tasks of protecting humans and stopping the Decepticons simultaneously should have brought him to his knees, however he did not give up. Optimus would even risk his spark to change a decepticon to side with the Autobots, including Dreadwing and Breakdown.
- In Scrapheap, it was revealed that Optimus knows what a snowball is when he promised to get Raf a snowball. Optimus would relate earth customs and other things. When Optimus and Arcee found themselves stranded in the Arctic, they walked to find a signal back to base, where Arcee fell down and Optimus helped her up very gently. This shows Optimus can be a gentleman, or a gentle bot. When Arcee suggested they play a game, Optimus played with her. This shows that Optimus can make the most out of situations and wouldn't hesitate to play games. When Arcee held Optimus's left hand, Optimus held her hand too. This shows that Optimus can be sweet inside and out.
- In Loose Cannons, Optimus is seen to drum his fingers on his legs while flying in the Jackhammer with Wheeljack. Optimus also made small talk with the wrecker and related to Wheeljack on outside of duty. This shows Optimus is very sociable and can be a great listener.
- Optimus has also proven to be stubborn enough to resist joining the AllSpark (even at Alpha Trion's insistence), to protect humanity. Once Optimus received his upgrade and rejoined the Autobots, he made it a point to be the moral compass of the team and usually was the one to notice whenever someone was having a problem. When Ultra Magnus asked Optimus about a "Kilt", it was revealed that Optimus finds it best to simply nod and mobilize to questions like these. As Ultra Magnus began to realize that the Autobots were not like the Elite Guard or any other group he had took leadership of, Optimus consulted him over his feelings and explained what he believed the Autobots to be a family. Optimus believed in his team to be true Primes even without the Matrix of Leadership. Above all, Optimus is the best and most awesome leader to have. Optimus Prime is the heart and soul of all things good in the universe.
Powers and abilities
- Optimus Prime is one of the strongest Autobots alive and a formidable opponent in battle. Optimus is armed with two arm energon cannons and long blades. He also possess the Star Saber plus with the Matrix of Leadership, which theoretically makes him the most powerful Prime ever.
- After being repaired by Forge of Solus Prime's remaining power, Optimus gained a new more stronger and powerful body with a jetpack and armed with an energon minigun. He also a new energon blaster and rockets in his vehicle form. After Bumblebee killed Megatron with the Star Saber, Optimus reclaimed his weapon though it is not seen using it after that.
- After Unicron and Predaking, he is undoubtedly the strongest fighter in the series. This is shown by the fact that he is capable of defeating several Insecticons with little to no effort in both of his bodies. It should be noted that even Megatron struggled to kill even one Insecticon.
Behind the Scenes
- He is voiced by Peter Cullen, who is famously known to have voiced the very same character in The Transformers (also known as G1), the Transformers movie trilogy and their respective video games, as well as the various pieces of the aligned series.
- Optimus has a gray face with a blue helmet and antennas of the same color, heavily detailed and designed with multiple plates and layers of pieces on top of each other. Optimus has two sphere shaped bases for his antennas, with dark blue coloring around it. He has a red chest with windows from his vehicle mode and a dark grey strip on both of his ribs. He has big shoulders that overlaps his arms. 2 wheels are at the back held by his smokestacks. 4 wheels are at the back of his legs.
- Optimus has little similarities to his old form. His upgrade includes his windows in his chest, blue helmet and red color scheme all over his body, with the exception of his legs being gray like his face and hands.
- Like all of his alternate counterparts, he transforms into a big rig truck. It can attach a trailer to the back blue section. Optimus can go to Maximum Overdrive, which makes him go faster than a normal truck.
- With his upgrade, he turns in an alt mode similar to that of an experimental all-terrain expeditionary fighting vehicle which was designed and built by the finest engineers in the US army division.
- Transformers: War for Cybertron (First appearance)
- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
- Transformers Prime: The Game (Non-canon)
Mini Series (First Five Episodes of Season 1)
- Darkness Rising, Part 1 (First on screen appearance)
- Darkness Rising, Part 2
- Darkness Rising, Part 3
- Darkness Rising, Part 4
- Darkness Rising, Part 5
- Masters and Students
- Con Job
- Deus Ex Machina
- Speed Metal
- Sick Mind
- Out of His Head
- Operation: Breakdown
- Metal Attraction (Mentioned only)
- Rock Bottom (Mentioned only)
- Stronger, Faster
- One Shall Fall
- One Shall Rise, Part 1
- One Shall Rise, Part 2
- One Shall Rise, Part 3
- Orion Pax, Part 1 (As Orion Pax)
- Orion Pax, Part 2 (As Orion Pax)
- Orion Pax, Part 3 (As Orion Pax and returns as Optimus Prime)
- Operation: Bumblebee, Part 1
- Operation: Bumblebee, Part 2
- Loose Cannons
- Nemesis Prime
- Flying Mind
- Tunnel Vision
- Out of the Past
- New Recruit
- The Human Factor
- Hard Knocks
- Inside Job
- Patch (flashback only)
- Darkest Hour
- Darkmount, NV
- Project Predacon
- Minus One
- Predacons Rising
Robots in Disguise
- His design is heavily based upon his live-action movie counterparts but with the color scheme of his Generation One counterpart.
- Optimus never stops believing in being an Autobot.
- Optimus never cries in the show. Sometimes he would show signs of sadness.
- If Optimus dies or vanishes, Team Prime would argue with each other and they would cry.
- Optimus' characteristics relate to his live action counterparts and Generation One counterpart as well.
- Optimus' trailer was never seen in season 3. It was probably destroyed in the old base.
- Optimus must have some knowledge of Earth, since he promised to get Raf a snowball.
- Arcee, Ratchet, Ultra Magnus and Bumblebee are the only ones who call Optimus by his name. They don't give him nicknames.
- Optimus never has flashbacks about or talks about Elita One. Guess the producers didn't add Elita to new upcoming Autobots. Arcee remains the only female Autobot among Team Prime. Though Optimus has a good friendship with Arcee.
- Optimus shows signs of a smile on occasions.
- His new form, "Optimus 2.0", looks much like Transformers: Cybertron (Galaxy Force). He also gains a jetpack like his counterparts did in Transformers: Animated, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
- Optimus came close to being killed off the show in Darkest Hour to Rebellion. The others are Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Megatron.
- Only version of the character to receive an in-series upgrade, as the Unicron Trilogy one had received different forms starting with each show.
- Second version of the character to be voiced by Peter Cullen, who also voiced him in the original series.
- Optimus was the first Autobot to learn Predaking's name. Despite that Optimus only calls Predaking "the Predacon" or "Predacon."
- In his new body, Optimus has never been shown using a built-in melee weapon.
- Despite being called "Optimus Prime," Orion was and still is his original name. Though they are different sides, Optimus and Orion makes up the strong, devoted and caring Autobot leader that every fan loves.
- Optimus is the example of good. He is willing to do whatever it takes to save his friends and family.
- Optimus is the only non divine character to stand against Predaking for a hefty amount of time. Despite being beaten, he was able to hold against Predaking for about 10 minutes.
- Optimus will return in the sequel that's coming in 2015. He will return as a ghost in the series and he may eventually return in person this series. It is revealed that Bumblebee will have visions of him, implying that Optimus may aid Bumblebee in this show as a spirit guide.
- It was revealed that Optimus Prime is one of the original Thirteen Primes, the mysterious Thirteenth Prime, who was reincarnated to help guide the new race of Cybertronians to peace. (He succeeded in ways he probably did not imagine) Because of this, Optimus Prime is the oldest main character in the series. Despite being one and the same though, his two lives do have some differences:
- Originally he carried no weapons; now he is heavily armed.
- Optimus was given special abilities through the Matrix of Leadership while originally he had none.
- Optimus is now much physically stronger.
- Optimus is much more aggressive and forceful, due to millennia of war.
- Optimus' past and present selves look different enough that a casual observer would not notice a similarity, but enough that Alpha Trion was able to recognize him as Orion Pax.
- Optimus in Latin means 'the best'. Prime comes from the Latin word 'primus' which means first. (Primus is also the being who created the autobots and is basically their God)
- "We must not allow our anger over the loss of Cliffjumper to impair our judgement. As of today, only we five Autobots remain on this earth. We owe it to ourselves... to the memory of Cybertron... to any Autobots in any galaxy seeking safe harbor... to humankind... and we owe it to the memory of our fallen comrade... to survive."
- "We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron, also known as Autobots." - Optimus referencing the first live action movie.
- "Arcee, what did you see?"
- "I hold no illusions of engaging your army Megatron. But I might delay its objective by removing its head."
- "One shall stand. One shall fall."
- "Without a means of leaving this world, we Autobots take strength in the bonds we have forged with our three young friends - true warriors. If not in body, then in spirit. My name is Optimus Prime, and I send this message. Though we did not choose to be of Earth, it would seem that we are here to stay. If you approach this planet with hostile intent, know this: We will defend ourselves. We will defend humanity. We will defend... our home."
- "Indeed Bumblebee. Our human friends would of been wise to stray from Ratchet's path."
- "But, I will bring you back a snowball."
- "Bulkhead may be... too large for this world, but his inner strength is without bounds. One should not be measured by size alone."
- "Arcee, this may not be the finish that we had planned, but if this is indeed the end, if we are to be come one with the Allspark..."
- "Our human friends may be small, but they are strong."
- "Likewise soldier."
- "Special Agent Fowler. To what do we owe..."
- "Ah-ah, no need, Agent Fowler. I will handle the driving."
- "Maximum overdrive!"
- "Raf, Miko, do either of you know where the others have gone?"
- "Thanks to your medical expertise, old friend."
- "Ratchet, can we triangulate the geographical position of the cell phone signal?"
- "Miko, what you've endured has been lesson enough. We are just glad you are all safe."
- "Sometimes we must rise above ourselves for the greater good."
- "It's a trap!"
- "Engaging the enemy on your own was even more foolish this time Bulkhead. But I am honored you saw fit to rescue your rival. You have truly risen above yourself."
- "You're right to be worried Bulkhead. But I agree with Arcee."
- "Wisdom cannot be granted Arcee. It must be earned. Sometimes at a cost."
- "Miko your quick thinking prevented the formula from falling into Decepticon hands."
- "Ratchet, I question the wisdom of using yourself as a test subject."
- "Autobots do not inflict harm unless all other options have been exhausted. It is what separates us from the Decepticons."
- "There is something I must do."
- "I have been foolish not to see what history has proven over and over again, that Autobots and Decepticons will never mend their ways. If there can be no diplomatic solution to this perpetual conflict, then I must not allow darkness to fall upon this or any planet. Megatron must be destroyed!"
- "I have come for Megatron and him alone. Stand down and be spared."
- "Megatron! Today you answer for your crimes against Cybertron and against humanity. One shall stand-"
- "Do not believe everything you read."
- "I could not have allowed this to happen otherwise."
- "June, it deeply grieves me that I have failed. But I will do everything in my power to ensure that no harm comes to our human friends. Or any human ever again."
- "Before the beginning... there was Primus. And, there was Unicron. One, the incarnation of creation – the other... of destruction. For eons; Primus and Unicron battled, the balance of power shifting between them more times than could be counted. Only by creating the Thirteen – the original Primes who preceded me – was Primus finally able to defeat Unicron, and cast him out. Primus became one with the very core of our planet, creating life through the Well of All Sparks, while Unicron was never to be heard from again... until now."
- "This fight must be mine alone."
- "Not while I still function Unicron. The power of the Matrix will light our darkest hour!"
- "Where are we Megatronus?"
- "One question Megatron. Why are we called Decepticons?"
- "You do not suggest that our leader would speak falsehoods?"
- "Why does history portray me siding with the Autobot aggressors? And why did Starscream call me a Prime? I must know. Who am I?"
- "That may be true, or yet another deception, but this much I do know: my sympathies lie with the Autobots and you are not one of us."
- "Are you certain I am worthy?"
- "Megatron!! Begone!!!!"
- "A transplant. But that would require a donor."
- "You and Bulkhead share quite a history and yet you prefer to work alone."
- "Without the resources we possessed on Cybertron, we lack ready means of capturing and imprisoning our enemies. Nonetheless. I do not intend the termination of ANY defensless lifeform."
- "Is something wrong?"
- "I am fine General Bryce. How are you?"
- "You are stronger for the choice you made."
- "This is one race... that we absolutely cannot afford to lose."
- "You will lead me there regardless."
- "The current temperatures are not extreme enough to affect our biology. You'll be fine."
- "Yet you cannot fly!"
- "I bore Skyquake no malice. And I regret the role I played in his demise. So I will appeal to you as I did to your twin. Turn your back against the Decepticon cause and help me end this war. For his sake and all who have fallen."
- "Be on your guard Bulkhead."
- "Go where you are needed Agent Fowler. There is nothing more you can do for Bulkhead at this time."
- "She needs time."
- "Slow, but steady old friend."
- "Smokescreen, what was your assignment inside the halls?"
- "Do you know of Alpha Trion's fate, after the fall of Iacon?"
- "This is our opportunity. Autobots! Storm the command center."
- "While Ratchet and Arcee are correct, I believe we are all equally responsible for this incident."
- "Our recent efforts have been so intensively focused on averting crises, that we have overlooked simple matters such as teaching Smokescreen how to best function on this planet. It is an oversight that must be corrected."
- "Perhaps the best way for you to learn about the human world is from a human."
- "I am a soldier Megatron, and you are a prisoner of your own twisted delusions."
- "Autobots! Maintain postions!" (Slow motion)
- "Then I appeal to you again. Join us and help end this conflict once and for all."
- "With the Forge of Solus Prime. We have a means of reaching Cybertron."
- "According to Alpha Trion, the Omega Lock is a conduit to the very Allspark itself."
- "-And if we refuse."
- "You have what you want Megatron. This conflict is between Autobots and Decepticons. Allow me to return the humans to Earth."
- "No, it will cyberform your planet in favor of it's new Matrix. Destroying all indigenous life in the process."
- "What was necessary. There was no time for another prolong battle not with Earth in imminent danger."
- "The base is lost. Agent Fowler and Wheeljack can only buy us time to escape. Bumblebee and Rafael you will depart first."
- "We must disperse to avoid capture until we can regroup and launch a counterattack. Survival is our only priority now."
- "I will ensure that the Decepticons cannot follow."
- "Neither did I old friend."
- "How did I get here?"
- "No... No hope."
- "The Forge... of Solus... Prime."
- "That is not the reason.... I had you retrieve the relic."
- "The Power of the Forge is not unlimited... It's energy has already begun to... ebb."
- "Whatever power remains... must be used... to rebuild the Omega Lock... to restore Cybertron."
- "The fate of all our kind... is more vital... than that of any one of us, including... me."
- "There will be... a new Prime."
- "The time for a new leader is upon us. In my spark....I believe that leader stands before me right now..."
- "Smokescreen. The choice is neither yours or mine to make... when it is time... the Matrix of Leadership will present itself to one... whose spark is worthy..."
- "Who... stands before me?"
- "Is it truly you... Alpha Trion?"
- "I do not fear joining the Allspark, but for the fate of the Matrix of Leadership."
- "Commander." (after being restored by the Forge)
- "Autobots. We must become Beast Hunters."
- "Ultra Magnus. Something has been troubling you."
- "Your service is most welcome old friend. But this is not the Elite Guard."
- "And we must adapt to that change. The members of Team Prime are not cogs in a machine. They have grown into something greater than an army. They have become..."
- "Stealth team transport our cargo back to base. Wreckers reconnoiter the mine."
- "A human concept. One I have learned since coming to Earth: Family."
- "I will engage the Predacon!"
- "Stand down Predacon!"
- "If Megatron truly is rebuilding the Omega Lock, as Ratchet summarized, Synthetic Energon might be a necessary component."
- "Whatever the outcome, know that Ratchet would be most proud of your contribution."
- "Loud and clear old friend!"
- "Autobots! Lock onto those coordinates. And storm the warship!"
- "Copy Ratchet! We will rendezvous at the objective. Arcee lead stealth team to secure the Omega Lock. Ultra Magnus, you and the Wreckers storm the bridge. Prevent the Decepticons from targeting the device if stealth team is delayed."
- "I do not intend to pass up a second chance of restoring Cybertron."
- "It would seem that the old field medic made good after all."
- "Optimus Prime to all units. Megatron is no more!!!"
- "Ultra Magnus. Set course for Cybertron!!"
- "With our home planet capable of supporting life. We have much rebuilding to do. Alas, we will miss our home away from home and the family we made here."
- "Until we meet again old friend."
- "We have endured bitter hardship and countless battles. But along last our home planet has been restored. We would not be standing on Cybertron soil were it not for the valiant efforts of those assemble here and our absent commerades. Ratchet, who remains on Earth to safeguard our human friends and Cliffjumper who made the ultimate sacrifice. But on this day at the dawn of a new era we bestow a special honor one earned by Bumblebee through his bravery and devotion to the cause of peace. Long before he rid this universe of the scourge of the Decepticon warmonger." (Predacons Rising)
- "It is best that you remain here Wheeljack."
- "I am too close to turn back."
- "Wheeljack! Set a course for Cybertron."
- "Bumblebee, this is Optimus Prime. Proceed."
- "Wheeljack! Ensure that the lightspeed drive is fully operational."
- "We must keep the AllSpark from Unicron's reach."
- "Not as I stand before you Unicron."
- "Megatron! You and I once united to save a world from Unicron. We must do so again!"
- "By the only means available to us. Under these most dire of circumstances. The fate of our species upon this...or any world, depends upon it."
- "As a being comprised of pure energy, Unicron's anti-spark was vulnerable to this reliquary of the Primes."
- "In order to protect the Allspark and secure Unicron's defeat it was necessary for me to empty the vessel's contents... (Bumblebee: Into where?) the Matrix of Leadership."
- "As such my own spark can no longer be separated from the multitude of others within me."
- "To not return the Allspark to the Well would be to prevent future generations of new life from existing on Cybertron. My quest must be completed."
- "Because the Matrix must now be relinquished with the Allspark, it cannot be restored, or passed down to another. But while this may very well mark the end of the age of Primes, Leadership can be earned with or without the Matrix. And in my view, you have each acted as a Prime."
- "As even Megatron has demonstrated on this day. Every sentient being has the capacity for change."
- "I ask only this of you fellow Autobots....Keep Fighting the noblist of fights." - Optimus to his family
- "Above all do not lament my absence. For in my spark I know that this is not the end. But merely a new beginning... simply put... another transformation." - Last words in the movie
Main Article: Optimus Prime Gallery
|The Thirteen Original Primes|
| Prima | Vector | Alpha Trion | Solus | Micronus | Alchemist | Nexus | Onyx | Amalgamous | Quintus | Liege Maximo | Megatronus/The Fallen | Thirteen (Optimus Prime/Orion Pax)
|Sentinel Zeta Prime|
|Autobots | Decepticons | Primus | Unicron | Prime | Well of Allsparks | Cybertron|
| Optimus Prime | Arcee | Bumblebee | Bulkhead | Ratchet | Wheeljack | Ultra Magnus | Smokescreen | Knock Out
| Bumblebee | Strongarm | Sideswipe | Fixit | Grimlock
|Cliffjumper | Tailgate | Seaspray | Alpha Trion|
|Decepticons | Thirteen | Neutral | Wreckers | Star Seekers|
| This page uses content from Transformers Wiki. The original article was at Optimus Prime (WFC).|