|Alias|| Megatronus |
Unicron (when possessed by Unicron)
Galvatron (by fans) Buckethead
|Rank|| Gladiator |
Decepticon leader (abandoned the Decepticons)
|Status||Online (killed by Bumblebee, resurrected by Unicron)|
|First appearance||Darkness Rising, Part 1|
|Voiced by||Frank Welker|
Megatron was the original leader of the Decepticons. Originally he named himself Megatronus, named after Megatronus Prime. He was a gladiator in the pits of Kaon, who grew ambitious and saw corruption within the caste system and sought to put an end to it, with his own rule. After leaving the gladitorial arena for the political one, he saw fit to shorten his name. When "Megatron" was rejected by the High Council, he waged war on Cybertron and left the planet wasted. Now he and his arch-enemy, Optimus Prime, battle on planet Earth for the control of the human planet.
Megatron's first grand plan was to invade Earth with an army of undead Terrorcons but he himself was gravely wounded, leaving Starscream in charge of the Decepticon army until he was reawakened by Bumblebee who he manged to possess for a brief time where he retook command. Megatron then however found himself teaming up with Team Prime to counter the threat of Unicron. After Unicron's defeat Megatron found himself both in a mission to retrieve the Iacon relic weapons as well as keep his troops in line from various in fighting among the ranks which resulted in a few casualties and several betrayals. Eventually fighting for the restoration of Cybertron and cyberforming of Earth, which was foiled by Optimus, but Megatron had his revenge and used the Nemesis to destroy the Autobot base before setting up the new fortress of Darkmount. Shortly after the destruction of the base Megatron sent massive search parties to find the surviving Autobots and was even given a Predacon to look for them. However Darkmount was soon destroyed by an all-out attack by the Autobots. Megatron's next plan was to create an entire army of Predacons to serve him. However, when his lone beast evolved and transformed, Megatron became fearful of what he was capable of and scrapped it. In the destruction Megatron found the means to restore Cybertron once more with Synthetic Energon, as Megatron's plan to rebuild the Omega Lock progressed, the Autobots invaded the Nemesis. As Optimus and Megatron fought, the tyrant was finally killed by Bumblebee.
Though almost dead Megatron was awakened by Unicron who took possession of his body and reformatted. Unicron would inflict eternal suffering upon the warlord as Unicron attempted to destroy Cybertron, but was freed from the chaos lord by Optimus Prime. Megatron then regained control, but had lost his passion for oppression and abandoned the Decepticons to start a new life.
Megatronus (who named himself after the Prime of the same name) was a gladiator in the pits of Kaon who disagreed with the corrupt caste system and vowed to bring down the system and bring equality for all, thus becoming political.
In his mission he met the young Orion Pax, who assisted him in his mission and the young Orion came to see Megatronus as a mentor of such. Megatronus also gained a large political following including Soundwave. Megatronus decided to shorten his name to "Megatron" before seeing the high council. However once there Megatron revealed his true colors and demanded the old way be thrown over by force and demanded to be named the next Prime. Orion, however did not agree with Megatron's proposal and proclaimed a much more peaceful way of life which threw Megatron into the dark.
Enraged, Megatron severed all ties with Orion and went on to create the Decepticon army with his followers, which took the remaining population by suprise who in response named themselves the Autobots. In addition to Soundwave, Megatron would gain many followers such as the treacherous Starscream, the logic-ruled Shockwave and the Vehicon army. Megatron sized the city of Kaon and used it as the capital for the Decepticon army.
Battle of Technar
During the war Megatron assigned Skyquake to kill his foe Optimus Prime. Though he survived Skyquake failed his task and Megatron would from that point on see only himself fit enough to terminate Optimus Prime.
Megatron was known to have used biological weapons on two occasions. First was the Cybonic Plague invented by Megatron himself which Arcee claimed had killed millions and only Megatron himself possessed the cure. Megatron also weaponised Tox-En and used it as a weapon on a entire unit of Autobots in front of a horrified Bulkhead.
Battle of Tyger Pax / Bumblebee
During a battle at Tyger Pax Megatron captured and personally interrogated the Autobot scout Bumblebee, but he refused to give into the pain. Enraged, Megatron crushed the scout's voice box, but he was saved by Autobot medic Ratchet.
In the later half of the war when Autobot's begun to deploy their Energon supplies off world, Megatron ordered Shockwave to create a small army of Predacons, the previously dominant species of Cybertron, and sent them to Earth to secure the Energon deposits from the Autobots. However, Megatron was delayed from his reunion and the Predacons died from lack of Energon, but Megatron inadvertantly inspired many Earth myths with the dragons presence on Earth.
After the very core of Cybertron had shut down from the poisoning of Dark Energon, the whole Cybertronian race was forced to evacuate the planet into deep space. However Megatron would leave several Insecticons in stasis as protection if the Autobots every returned, also Shockwave remained to work on building a space bridge for Megatron.
War on Earth
At some point Megatron with a crew consisting of Starscream, Soundwave, Knock Out, Breakdown, Skyquake, Makeshift and many thousands of Vehicons arrived in the warship the Nemesis to harness the Energon supplies spread across the planet by the ancient Autobots. Megatron set up several mining opperations across the planet while also assigning some Decepticons such as Skyquake to guard deposits not ready for mining.
Following his successful attempt to get Orion Pax on the side of the Decepticons, Megatron was able to get in contact with the rest of the Decepticons and tell them of his soon emergence aboard the ship. He told them that he was to be shown every courtesy and said that the first to address him as Optimus Prime would have their voice-box torn out. After his second-in-command Airachnid questioned if it was wise to have a former Autobot have free access, Megatron told her that nothing happened aboard the ship without his knowledge before telling her that she would do well to remember that. He told her that there still was no need for concern and stated that Orion did not possess the same fight Optimus Prime was so renown for.After Airachnid questioned what use he was to their cause, Megatron told her to rest assured before concluding that Orion Pax would indeed earn his places. In part of his ploy to trick Orion, Megatron told him that Ratchet was the leader of the Autobots. After Orion related that he could not conceive that Ratchet would be responsible of such horrors, Megatron told him to think that the "Doctor of Doom's" quest for power continues. As another part of his lie, he told Orion that his marauders pursued the Decepticons to the planet's orbit before saying that the Decepticons felt Earth's species were not ready to behold them. In what can be seen as plagiarism, he told the new Decepticon that the Decepticons had sworn to protect Earth, something Optimus and the other Autobots made their intention. After Optimus questioned why the Decepticons were called what they were, Megatron continued to lie, telling him that it was another Autobot scare tactic.
He related to his comrade that the name was meant to demonize the Decepticons and that instead, the group saw fit to wear it as a badge of honor as he recalled that if speaking the truth was deception, then they were gladly guilty. Megatron stopped the conversation, telling him that there would be plenty of time for catching up and that for the time being, he would need to rest. When talking to Knock Out, the Decepticon medic asked if they should beef-up the security around the Nemesis. However, Megatron told him that he believed that their new Decepticon would preform most well if he did not feel threatened or confined in any way. He revealed to Knock Out that he had placed his room of operations near the energon vault, which was always under constant surveillance. When returning to Orion Pax, he began to realize that his former ally and now fellow Decepticon asked many questions, even having to tell him that Starscream was dead.
When talking to Soundwave, he related his opinions on Orion and told him that it was a matter of time before he unraveled their fabrications. He only hoped that Orion was able to complete Project Iacon before he was forced to destroy him, once and for all. Things took a turn for the worse for Megatron when Autobot Arcee was able to get aboard the Nemesis. When the Vehicons were easily defeated by her, Megatron watched and remarked in surprise to their unsuccessfulness. After Airachnid asked Megatron to allow her to fight Arcee, Megatron objected, telling her that if Orion saw an Autobot or their destruction then everything he believed would be called into question. Megatron ordered that Arcee be escorted of the ship by Soundwave. Following Arcee being teleported by Soundwave off of the Nemesis, Megatron confronted Orion about the incident. He apologized for the recent commotion and asked him if he was harmed in any way. Orion confirmed that he was fine and asked Megatron why he had told him that Starscream was dead before the Decepticon leader told him that he was dead to their cause. He told Optimus that Starscream was his most trusted lieutenant until he turned traitor and joined the Autobots. He continued by stating that never had he witnessed a more profound act of deceit before asking Orion if Starscream had done or said anything troubling to him. After Orion told him that he had not, Megatron said good and told him that perhaps it be best for him to forget about the incident and return to his project. Megatron soon left Orion alone and began to talk to Soundwave.
He told his longtime ally that he made a mistake not terminating Starscream a long time ago, calling it a mistake he did not intend to make again.
Decepticon Dreadwing arrived on Earth, joining up with Megatron and the other Decepticons aboard the Nemesis. He welcomed the Decepticon to his ranks, stating that he was as loyal as his twin Skyquake. However, Dreadwing had arrived to seek vengeance on the one responsible for his twin's death. Following Soundwave's playing of a clip of Skyquake's demise, Megatron related that Skyquake had died under the command of Starscream and not of his own. After Dreadwing related that every Autobot on Earth would die for his twin's death, Megatron reminded him that Autobots were only dealt with when he commanded.
After Dreadwing went after the Autobots regardless, he contacted Megatron, whom reminded him that he had ordered him not to do so. After Dreadwing told him of his current attempt to kill Optimus, Megatron related to him that Optimus was not so easily vanquished, a fact that he had been trying to get his fellow Decepticons to realize each time one tried to kill him. Regardless, Megatron allowed Dreadwing to have his vengeance, only in the memory of his departed twin and told Soundwave that he would be surprised if they ever hear from Dreadwing again. He soon began to grow tired of Airachnid, especially after requesting to be reminded of her loyalty by Soundwave, whom played a clip of her telling the Decepticons to consider a future without Megatron. He proceeded to order Dreadwing to kill her on his upcoming mission, telling him to avoid fighting her in corners. Ultimately, Dreadwing failed and his other loyal Decepticon Breakdown was killed instead by Airachnid.
Megatron angrily scolded Dreadwing for not going after his deceased comrade's remains. The Decepticons were soon contacted by Airachnid, whom's signal was being tracked by Soundwave and challenged Megatron to come and defeat her. Though Dreadwing asked him if he could accompany him, Megatron angrily deemed that he had his chance and failed before taking off to fight Airachnid. Megatron came to Airachnid's location and was soon attacked by that of her Insecticon, whom profoundly pushed him and began to fight him. While Megatron battled the beast, he told Airachnid that she and her Insecticon would do best to remember his own previous training in the pits of Kaon. Despite being able to defeat and kill the Insecticon, the beast had a large amount of stress placed on his body, causing Megatron to fall to the ground after the Autobots came down to him. He asked Optimus if he planned to take him prisoner, only for the Autobot leader to place his blaster in front of his face.
However, Megatron's luck managed to come into effect when Dreadwing, disobeying his orders arrived with the other Decepticons. Though Optimus planned to kill Megatron there and now, he gave in after Dreadwing stated that the Decepticons would not attack him in return if he spared him. However, as Megatron left, he pulled the unthinkable by going back on Dreadwing's word and ordering the Vehicons to attack the Autobots while he and Dreadwing made an escape. While flying, he promoted Dreadwing to that of his new second-in-command.
With the Decepticons returning from their quests to retrieve the relics, Megatron questioned how only Soundwave was able to bring him back anything other than an excuse. While the Decepticons began to defend themselves from their leader, Hardshell admitted to having killed Bulkhead, something that made Megatron deem that perhaps their endeavors had not been wasted after all. After stopping Hardshell and Knock Out from engaging in battle, Megatron asked Hardshell if he was certain that the one called Bulkhead was exterminated, being assured by him that the Insecticon had succeeded in terminating the Autobot by his very own hand. In regards to his ally's near-death at the hands of Hardshell, Autobot Wheeljack had began an assault on the Decepticons and their mines.
As Knock Out complained over his paint job being ruined by the Insecticons, Megatron told him to spare him the dramatics and told him that it was merely a scratch. While Knock Out continued to bicker with Hardshell, Megatron was called away by a Vehicon, alerting him of a call that was coming from one of their mines. He asked him what seemed to be the problem after being alerted and discovered from the Vehicon that the caller would only speak to him. Recognizing the caller as Wheeljack, he told the Autobot that the loss of one mine would hardly be a blow to the Decepticon cause after the Autobot told him that he was sitting on one. Wheeljack told him that he was going to continue his attacks on the mines until he was given what he wanted, causing Megatron to ask what it might be before he discovered from the Autobot that Bulkhead had only nearly been killed and questioned Hardshell immediately. While Hardshell proclaimed his innocence and told his leader that the Wrecker was lying, Megatron ordered that if he had not killed Bulkhead, he best kill Wheeljack after telling the Insecticon that he owed him a spark.
After viewing the Predacon, Megatron told Shockwave that it did his spark good to see him tampering with creation. Though he received advisement from Starscream to not approach the Predacon, Megatron ignored him and referred to the Predacon as primal magnificence. Shockwave had the Predacon examine spilled energon of Wheeljack, Megatron sending the beast off to find him by uttering let the hunt begin. The Predacon returned, failing to defeat and capture Wheeljack.
After the return of Optimus Prime and the destruction of Darkmount,  Megatron's forces would continue to dominate in their search for Predacon bones in order to raise an army of beast warriors.  His forces would suffer a major setback when Starscream and Knock Out attempted to create a super-soldier using Synthetic Energon, Dark Energon and the captive CYLAS as a guinea pig. 
With the revelation of Predaking's ability to transform and his newfound intelligence, Megatron realized that the Predacons were a potential threat and decided to terminate Project Predacon. Following Starscream's advice, he allowed the Autobots to discover Shockwave's laboratory and destroy all the Predacon clones. Predaking would later swear revenge on the Autobots, not knowing of Megatron's treachery. The destruction of the clones would also reveal a means to restore Cybertron and cyberform Earth as Synthetic Energon was shown to react with cybernucleic acid to form cybermatter.Megatron then commits his forces to rebuilding the Omega Lock and complete the formula for Synthetic Energon. To achieve that goal, he had the Autobot Medic Ratchet captured and convinced him to further his work on the subject. . Once the formula was completed, Megatron gave Ratchet to Predaking to eliminate him. However, he did count on Ratchet convincing the Predacon that the Decepticon leader was really responsible for the destruction of the clones. This caused Predaking to go on a rampage and nearly caused Megatron's defeat, if it were not for Starscream, who distracted Predaking long enough for Megatron to blast the Predacon out an airlock. At that point, the Autobots attacked the Nemesis, leading up to the final battle with the Decepticons.
Death of Megatron
Megatron became locked in battle with Optimus Prime, having the advantage of the Dark Star Saber. However, due to the actions of the humans taking over the bridge and Smokescreen bringing the Star Saber, Megatron found himself being pushed into a corner. He then fired his fusion cannon at Bumblebee as the scout tried to bring the Star Saber to Optimus Prime, causing the Autobot leader to go into a rage and nearly beat him to death, before Megatron was able to turn the tables again with the Dark Star Saber. He was about to deliver the finishing blow, but was distracted when he heard a new voice from behind, the voice belonged to the resurrected Bumblebee; who had fallen into the Omega Lock and had been restored by the cybermatter. In that instant, Bumblebee pierced Megatron's chest with the Star Saber, extinguishing his Spark and slowly killing him. Megatron's lifeless body then fell to Earth, burning through the atmosphere along the way.
With their leader dead, the remaining Decepticons retreated with Starscream and Shockwave forced to share the last remaining escape pod from their ship.
Megatron's body ended up underwater. The Dark Energon within him made it unable for him to join the AllSpark. He was awoken by Unicron, who himself was awoken by the echo of Primus reawakening. Unicron transferred his entire mind into Megatron's body and upgraded it into a striking resemblance to Galvatron and taking off for Cybertron. Among the upgrades was a Super-Luminal Space Drive, which allowed Megatron to reach Cybertron in mere hours without the need for a Space Bridge or ship. Unicron told Megatron he would not be a king as Unicron would just use his body to destroy Cybertron.
Unicron then traveled to Darkmount in an attempt to assassinate Bumblebee, Arcee, Smokescreen and Bulkhead. The four first believed it to be Megatron only to be corrected that it was in fact Unicron in possession of Megatron's body. Despite being in possession of great power, Unicron failed to extinguish any of the Autobots and deemed it fit to find a greater instrument of destruction.
Megatron later tricked Unicron into attacking the still alive Predaking in the hopes the beast would inflict enough damage on him to drive Unicron from his body. But this backfires as Unicron used his powers to easliy crush the beast. Megatron's life signal proved to be Unicron's weakness as the Nemesis could track it. When Unicron's anti-spark was torn from his body, Megatron was freed from the chaos bringer and in control of his body again, with his eyes returning to their natural red. Starscream then arrived and talked about how his new body would "take things to the next level." Megatron then announced to all present that having been a victim of oppression he had lost taste for inflicting it and that the Decepticons were over, despite Starscream trying to convince him otherwise. He then flew off to parts unknown seemingly exiled himself for his past actions.Before Optimus became one with Primus, he stated that even Megatron has the ability to change.
During the series, Megatron is shown to be very bad-tempered and a schemer. He is competent enough to gain temporary success in many of his plans, but his success was mostly short-lived. Shortly after his defeat by Optimus Prime and the Autobots he began scheming to get revenge against them, and swore to conquer both Cybertron and Earth to prove himself. Megatron is very fierce, ruthless, sadistic, evil, and cruel. He does not doubt himself, and is always confident in his plans.
He is shown to have an ego, believing that only he is worthy to rule Cybertron and showing an arrogant sense of entitlement. Megatron is quite intelligent, as he was able to rally an army of Cybertronians to his cause and gain loyalty from several individuals, like Dreadwing. Megatron is a individual who is mainly concerned with gaining power and will eliminate anyone he sees as competition.
He is also shown to be cunning, manipulative and somewhat charismatic.
When Megatron was possessed by Unicron he originally wished to simply continue his plans and rule with Unicron as one. When Unicron violently informed him that his body now belonged to him and Megatron was just kept as husk, his personality changed and all he wanted was freedom from the Chaos Bringer. He even rooted for the Autobots during their fight with Unicron despite being condemned to eternal suffering by Unicron. After he was released, he claimed to have truly understood oppression and had lost his taste of inflicting it himself, much to Optimus's surprise.
Megatron and Starscream met during the former's ascension to power as a leader, which Starscream willingly joined. Sometime after joining with the group, Megatron decided that Starscream was worthy of becoming his second-in-command. Megatron believed the young Decepticon would be one of his finest warriors someday. Their relationship changed completely when Megatron left Starscream in charge for three years. When Megatron returned Starscream wanted the throne again and made many assasination attempts eventually driving him to leave. Megatron eventually welcomed Starscream back into the Decepticon ranks claiming Starscream was more valuable with him. Starscream tried to please Megatron from that point on but often earned his ire only redeeming himself with his plan to destroy the Predacons. When Megatron was freed from Unicron Starscream told him he could win the war Megatron announced the Decepticons were over and had to scream at Starscream to silence him.
Soundwave was Megatron's chief on Cybertron and has never given Megatron a chance to doubt him and has stopped many of Megatron's enemies and never asked to be recognized. Megatron seems to give most of his respect to the silent decepticon and has never been seen yelling at him or being angry with him.
Knock Out served as Megatron's doctor when he was recovering from the spacebridge explosion. Despite how much he has done for him, Megatron still treats Knock Out with little respect. He and Starscream had planned to overthrow Megatron while he was in a coma.
During Megatron's recovery Breakdown would occasionally help Knock Out by buffing Megatron's body. Despite this Megatron has shown to have a very low opinion of Breakdown. This seemed to worsen when Breakdown was captured by a group of humans. Which led to Megatron not only abandoning his officer, but later insulting him once he did manage to return. Megatron however did appear to have some sense of decency toward Breakdown when he learned what Cylas had done with his former officer's corpse and had the man punished for his crimes by giving him to an eager Knock Out to punish.
At some point between his journey from Cybertron to Earth and his return to the planet, Megatron met Airachnid. She joined his ranks on Earth after she was forced to accompany Breakdown back to the Nemesis. Through her work for him, he promoted her to second-in-command. Megatron started telling her things, such as several of his attempts on Starscream's life and the latter's begging for it. However, as time went on, Airachnid proved to be almost as treacherous as Starscream had been in her position.
One of the most, if not the tipping point for Megatron's realization of her true intentions, was when she opted to leave Megatron behind as he and the Autobots fought Unicron. The latter would have done so, if not for the interference of Soundwave, whom easily defeated her in battle.
When Airachnid opted to dispose of Arcee herself after she arrived on the Nemesis, Megatron stopped her. After Airachnid's continuous attempts to become leader of the Decepticons, Megatron ordered her to be executed while on a mission accompanied by Dreadwing and Breakdown. This proved unsuccessful, however, as Breakdown was killed by Airachnid and the latter escaped with her life. She would soon challenge Megatron to approach her and he accepted, being greeted by her new Insecticon and successfully defeating the brute. However, he soon found himself unable to continue fighting, with all his energy drained from the fight and was in Autobot custody as she was chased away by Arcee. Airachnid was turned into a Terrorcon by Dark Energon and Synthetic Energon- infused Breakdown and is on one of Cybertron's moons with her army of Insecticons.
Despite Airachnid leaving, She may look up to Megatron the most.
With Starscream and Airachnid gone rouge, Megatron appointed Dreadwing as his new second-in-command. He considered Dreadwing one of his finest officers, despite Dreadwing's overt interest in revenge for his brother, and his strong sense of honor. Though eventually Starscream was welcomed back and Dreadwing tried to kill him for what he'd done to his brother's corpse, the Decepticon leader had to kill Dreadwing in order to stop him, by shooting him in the back with his own gun.
Megatron's Second-in-Command of Science. Also was his 'Mad Scientist' on Cybertron. When Shockwave was found on Cyberton by Knock Out, Megatron was surprised, because he was informed that he perished.
When the two were known as Orion Pax and Megatronus, they were very good friends, almost like brothers. They both envisioned a Cybertronian society where the current caste system was gone and Cybertronians used Space Bridges and explored the universe. Despite their differing backgrounds they were each able to gather large groups of followers. Orion dubbed his movement the Autobots (for Autonomus Robots) while Megatronus' movement was dubbed Decepticons by the High Council. Megatronus though if telling the truth was a deception he was gladly guilty. The two presented their ideas to the Council, Megatronus', now Megatron, were rejected after he arrogantly demanded to be named the next Prime. When the council approved Orion's ideas they renamed Optimus Prime and told him he was now leader of all Cybertron. Megatron, furious that he was robbed of his rightful title believed Opimus had used him for a personal power play. Driven mad, he swore he would make his former friend pay. After many failed assasination attempts by his Decepticons, he decided he would kill Optimus himself.
Megatron, is clearly jealous of Optimus' power as a Prime and fears it after seeing Optimus wielding the Star Saber.
However, despite his animosity toward him, Megatron still considers his once-friend as a worthy opponent. At the end of the series, he finally understands what it is like to be oppressed and sees that Orion Pax's original train of thought was the correct path. Optimus even stated that Megatron has demonstrated the capacity for change.
Megatron met Smokescreen, when the two tried to acquire the Star Saber. Smokescreen earned Megatron's ire when he refused to cooperate with Megatron during the former's interrogation. The two met again, when Smokescreen took the Omega Key while Megatron was making an evil speech of evil. Megatron grew to hate Smokescreen even more when he saved Optimus Prime from certain death. When it was discovered Smokescreen was, or at least was a clue, to the final relic he was brought onto the Nemesis. Megatron used Smokescreen and a cortical psychic patch to get information and then ordered Knock Out patch in Smokescreen's mind for the location of the Autobot Base. Megatron's desire to kill him increased even more when he escaped with both the Omega Keys that the Decepticons had. Further adding to the Decepticon leader's hatred of him, Smokescreen forced Megatron to watch as the Spark Extractor, a Decepticon weapon, killed his soldiers after verbally one-upping him one more time.
After tearing out Bumblebee's Voice Box in the War for Cybertron, Megatron regreted not killing him, but that regret came too late. In Deadlock, Megatron shoots a desperate Bumblebee, trying to throw the Star Saber at Optimus. Bumblebee's chest is on fire and Bee falls down into the Omega Lock pool. However, the Cybermatter revived him and Bumblebee stuck the Star Saber through Megatron's spark, killing him at last and avenging every bot that was killed by Megatron.
This would be brought up again by a resurrected Megatron, whom seemed very bitter about the encounter. However after being freed from the touture enflicted upon him by Unicron Megatron seemed to have forgiven Bumblebee as no signs of anger were seen towards him.
Megatron rarely saw Ratchet due to the fact that he's almost always at the base and is the least combat inclined Autobot. Ratchet thought he could take on Megatron while under the effect of the Synthetic Energon and failed, but was later saved. Knock Out managed to take a sample and later experimented with it. When Soundwave captured him for the Synthetic Energon formula, he was told by Megatron to help him or see his teammates suffer the consequences.
In the episode One Shall Rise, Part 1, Megatron communed with Unicron and announced that he wished to serve him. When Unicron refused his help, Megatron began to resort to begging, revealing that Megatron may see Unicron as his true master.
In Predacons Rising, Unicron uses Megatron's dead corpse to use as a vessel to destroy Cybertron and the Autobots.
Megatron showed signs of hatred towards Unicron after he revealed he simply wished to use Megatron as a husk, at least Megatron finally got his first request heeded.
- Megatron's Prime appearance draws heavily from his G1 and movie counterpart. Frank Welker also voiced Megatron in G1 and reprises the role for the series.
- This incarnation of Megatron in Transformers: Prime is currently the most liked version by many fans.
- Though he is the series main antagonist, Megatron himself had yet to kill a single main character until Regeneration where he killed Dreadwing. The Insecticon he fought in Crossfire could also count however.
- Ironically, if one only counted Autobots, then Starscream managed to kill more than him on screen (if one doesn't count Bumblebee during the few seconds he was dead)
- Through out the series, Megatron has had four second-in-commands. Starscream was first, then Airachnid, Dreadwing before Starscream returned and finally, Shockwave and Starscream share the rank.
- In Darkest Hour, Megatron used the phrase "Decepticons... transform and rise up!" Mainly used by his Transformers Animated counterpart.
- Every time Megatron has been at the location of an Iacon Relic, he failed to secure it: He lost the Spark Extractor to Bumblebee, the Star Saber to Optimus and the first Omega Key to Smokescreen.
- This incarnation of Megatron did not die by the hands of his arch nemesis, but by the hands of an Autobot scout. It's rather ironic since Bumblebee was controlled by Megatron to revive his body.
- Megatron and Starscream are the only characters to appear in every episode of the third season.
- In the Predacons Rising movie, Unicron revives Megatron's body as his vessel. Megatron thought that Unicron was going to rule Cybertron, but he wanted to destroy Cybertron. During the climax, Megatron refused to try to rule Cybertron despite Starscream's suggestions because of the punishment he suffered at Unicron's hands, which was experiencing oppression for himself.
- This act of Megatron surprised several viewers, including Optimus, as he had never showed any sign of reformation before.
- Optimus states that even Megatron has demonstrated the capacity to change, referring to his statement about all Decepticons in Operation: Breakdown.
- After Megatron's return as Unicron's slave, Smokescreen stuggles to find a name for the new threat until Arcee cuts him off. Among names he suggests are Megacron and Unitron, while neglecting the most obvious.
- Despite not being called Galvatron in the movie, his new form is called that by several fans and viewers.
- The way Megatron gains his new body from Unicron, is similar to how he becomes Galvatron in several Transformers series, which gives a hint about his new form truly being "Galvatron".
- Megatron is the second character to die and be resurrected with a new body, the first being Optimus, but that can be debatable.
- When Megatron was using the Dead Prime arm attachment, his original fusion cannon arm was still seen when he was in the Cortical Syphic Patch.
- Despite not being "one with the AllSpark ", Megatron now learns the true meaning of oppression after Unicron tortured him through the movie.
- It is unknown if Megatron banished himself from Cybertron or went somewhere in the galaxy.
- Megatron's old evil side craved evil and tyranny, much similar to Scar from the Lion King.
- "Decepticons!!! I have returned."
- "Quit groveling and await my command."
- "Optimus. Been well? I see you have brought your trusty watch dog."
- "Arise my legion!"
- "Bravo Optimus. But this is but a prelude. You may wish to save your strength for the main event."
- "Ah.. misdirection Optimus. You would've made a fine Decepticon."
- "Decepticons. Your rightful lord and master has returned."
- "Oh it will be a miracle all right, Starscream, if you survive what I have planned for you!"
- "And how swiftly things change. To think that a short time ago it was you who was standing here while I was lying there. Right after your failed attempt to terminate me. But know this dear Starscream. Our postions shall never again be reversed."
- "If Breakdown allowed himself to be captured by those smaller than him, weaker than him. He deserves whatever fate awaits him."
- "Soundwave is quite competent at surveillance, I can assure you. The fact is Starscream, despite your treachery, I've allowed you to carry on this long because I took a certain delight in following your string of failures. But you've finally become tiresome, predictable...you've hit rock bottom."
- "I suppose helping those less fortunate would be completely out of the question. If that is the case you may as well use your drill to finish me. I guarantee you will never have a better opportunity than right now....well what are you waiting for? Think of the glory! Seize the day! Optimus would."
- "I will be sure to share the details of our little conversation with Optimus. The day I rip out his spark!"
- "Save me?"
- "My second in command is a prisoner of the enemy. Which means all Decepticon intelligence could fall at the fingertips of the Autobots!!"
- "Did you drop it you one eyed oaf?"
- "If a chemical can work for Optimus Prime's lap dog. Imagine what it will do for our troops."
- "Why leave matters to fate when one can forge one's own destiny? Ha speaking of fate.."
- "And one shall fall.....You Optimus Prime!"
- "Your defeat was forseen here by the ancients. What was it they wrote? The weak shall perish?"
- "Rivers of your very life blood. Rising from the depths to become one with me."
- "Megatron, leader of the Decepticons and your very herald the one who wielded the Dark Energon which binds us to awaken you once again. The prophecy has been fulfilled!"
- "Master. I did not mean to overstep."
- "It is rather ironic considering our last encounter. If memory serves, you were desperately trying to extinguish my spark."
- "I would expect nothing less. However I have a proposal. Join me in defeating our shared enemy. Unicron the Chaos Bringer."
- "Unicron's life blood runs through me. Only I can hear his thoughts, anticipate his movements. Optimus our past alliance Autobot and Decepticon no longer matter, not while Unicron lives."
- "I can lead you directly into Unicron's spark. The very heart of his darkness."
- "You can always be relied upon to listen to reason Optimus."
- "Make no mistake. He already does."
- "Optimus! Swiftly."
- "Megatron is commanded by NO one!!!!"
- "Teamwork hmmm."
- "Don't you remember old friend."
- "Our mortal enemies. We're out numbered. Go! I'll cover you."
- "Orion Pax is one of us."
- ".....And the first to address him as Optimus Prime will have their voice box torn out."
- "Orion I am sorry about the recent commotion. You weren't in anyway harmed were you?"
- "You will finish project Iacon by the time I return or I will carve out your spark before your very eyes."
- "I should of removed more than that scout's voice box when I had the chance."
- "Let us see what other long lost treasures we might be reunited with."
- "The Decepticon cause is once again indebted to the contributions of Orion Pax."
- "Conflicting agendas will only result in Chaos and failure. You would be wise to remember that Dreadwing. You are under my command now and as such you must follow my lead."
- "I honed my skills in the pits of Kaon!!!"
- "A busy day for assassins."
- "And together we shall crush Optimus Prime."
- "Move quickly and operate with a surge and skill. Do you understand me Knockout?"
- "Are you not the fiercest insecticon?"
- "How is this possible?? Four relics each within our grasp. And yet only Soundwave has returned with something other than an excuse."
- "Perhaps this day is not lost after all."
- "Who in the pits of Kaon is that??"
- "At last we take our rightful places, Optimus, as Gods weilding the power of the cosmos."
- "Prime's lastest recruit is the final relic of Iacon?"
- "A pity you are incapable of flight."
- "A word of advice stop thinking aloud."
- "I said stand down! That is an order."
- "I bested your little blade once...and I shall do it again!!"
- "Then I will have no choice to open the pods exposing your pets to Cybertron's toxic atmosphere. And then we can all watch as they instantly perish together."
- "Now if you please, the Omega Keys. One at a time."
- "Behold!! The age of the Decepticons!!!"
- "They can run but they can never again run home."
- "Our oppurtunity to revive Cybertron has been lost. Due to the treachery of Optimus Prime!! But with our new fortress of Kaon. We will seize control over this world. Decepticons transform and rise up!!!"
- "This was the place."
- "You do have a way with words Starscream. Make haste and unearth the Autobot corpses."
- "Prepare to join your scout in the Allspark!"
- "I do not understand, why am I not one with the AllSpark? Do I yet live?"
- "so...I will live again?"
- "Perhaps not destroyed...just damaged enough that our shared form will no longer be of use to you and force you to abandon what remains! For regaining my free will, even over a mangled and inefficient frame, is preferable to enduring awakening life as your slave!"
- "I now know the true meaning of oppression...and have thus lost my taste for inflicting it".
- "Enough! The Decepticons are no more. And that is final!" - Megatron now learns his lesson and abandoned the Decepticons before he exhiled himself.
|Airachnid | Breakdown | Dreadwing | Makeshift | Megatron | Knock Out | Shockwave | Skyquake | Soundwave | Starscream|
|Vehicon (Decepticon Miner) | Insecticon | Terrorcon|
|Hardshell | Laserbeak|
|[] | []|
| This page uses content from Transformers Wiki. The original article was at Megatron (WFC).|