The Dinobots (formerly known as the Lightning Strike Coalition Force) are team of five tough Autobots that transforms into dinosaurs(or other prehistoric creatures). The Dinobots are consisted of the strongest of Cybertronians, their are experts in extreme offense, destructive attacks, or any situation that involves superior strength. Similiar to Wreckers, both group focuses on strength, however Dinobots are usually for "brutal" and extremely dangerous types on missions, Dinobots always head stright into battle, usually without any strategy or battle plan, all but one: "smash everything on sight". Because of their berserk-like actions, in some media, Dinobots are considered as the Autobots, "Last resort" in war, when things falls into chaos.
- Grimlock (leader of all Dinobots), takes the form of a Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Swoop, takes the form of a Pteranodon
- Slug, takes the form of a Triceratops
- Snarl, takes the form of a Stegosaurus
- Sludge, takes the form of a Apatosaurus/Brachiosaurus
- Scowl, takes a form of an Ankylosaurus (Labled as a dinobot, but not affiliated with them)
- They were rumored to make an appearance on Transformers: Prime and in Predacons Rising, but this turns out to be false since they did not appear in the movie but was mentioned in Transformers: Prime. The Dinobots were however mentioned by Miko and Bulkhead told her that they were different from Predacons in Project Predacon (episode).
- Currently, there are no female Dinobots at this time.
- Grimlock is the only known dinobot in transformers robots in disguise.
- In Michael Bay's film, Transformers: Age of Extinction, there were only 4 Dinobots, but Grimlock and Slug were the only original Dinobots in the film, the other 2 are not (Scorn and Strafe).
- Of all the Dinobots in different reincarnations, Scowl is the only Dinobot who is a Decepticon. Also in Robots in Disguise, Dinobots aren't considered as a "team name", rather, it usually is describe by any Cybertronians as "Cybertronians that has the appearance of Dinosaurs".
- Also in one of the episodes, Groundpounder even can tell which one is a "true" Dinobot, since he has faced many during his fight, during the beginning of the episode, on the big screen, He and his coach both mistake the machine on the screen for Dinobots.