|Alias|| Predacon |
|First appearance||Predacons Rising|
|Voiced by||Steve Blum|
Darksteel was created, along with Skylynx, by Shockwave and Starscream, who were re-creating an old plan; Project Predacon. Darksteel revels in combat, particularly combat that ends with him standing victorious over a damaged Autobot. Darksteel appeared in Predacons Rising. Darksteel laughs a lot, is very easily amused, and often has a sick smile on his face.
During the battle, Smokescreen was thrown by Darksteel and struck hard against a wall, while Ultra Magnus tried to intervene, but was attacked and was severely injured by Skylynx. Smokescreen escaped from Darksteel with the Phase Shifter to rescue Ultra Magnus and escaped through the Groundbridge.
After the battle Darksteel returned with Skylynx to one of the labs of Shockwave, only to be scolded by Starscream for being discovered by the Autobots. Sometime later Starscream located the remains of the Ancient Predacons so he and Skylynx were ordered to collect the Predacon bones. Darksteel bore witness as Unicron arrived and turned the Ancient Predacons into Terrorcons. Not long after he watched as Unicron's army of Terrorcons headed off for the Well of the Allspark, and met Predaking for the first time when he arrived on the scene.
Predaking demanded Darksteel to join him, but he and Skylynx initially refused and attacked Predaking instead. Although they had the upperhand against him for a short time, Predaking managed to pin them down and they surrendered. Shockwave, who was attacked by the Terrorcons, but survived, suggested that they use their strength against the Terrorcons.At the arrival of the Nemesis, Darksteel and the other two Predacons battled with all the Terrorcons flying in the sky. The Nemesis crashed during the battle and the Autobots went outside. Darksteel landed alongside Predaking and Skylynx alongside the Autobots, he then attacked all the Terrorcons along with Predaking and Skylynx. At first Darksteel and the other Predacons had the upper hand, but the Terrorcons outnumbered them and forced them all the way down to the core of Cybertron. At the moment Unicron was defeated by Optimus Prime, all the Terrorcons turned to dust. Later on when Starscream planned to claim Darkmount as his own, Darksteel joined his fellow Predacons in settling some old scores, which ended in Starscream's presumed demise.
Darksteel appears to be very tough and skilled in battle, as he was able to take on Smokescreen in beast mode. Unlike Skylynx, Darksteel likes to goof around and not take things very seriously. However, Darksteel appears to respect his fellow brethren, Predaking and Skylynx. Darksteel to part in the alliance between Autobots, Knock Out and Predacons against Unicron.
- In the movie Darksteel is always seen with Skylynx. They are not shown to go separate ways.
- Darksteel seems to lack intelligence, as he would laugh than take things seriously.
- Darksteel's face and personality is similiar to Breakdown and Dreadwing.
- Since Darksteel and Skylynx are usually together and nearly identical, most people get confused by which one is which.
- Like Predaking, Darksteel and Skylynx both suffer from mass displacement issues in beast mode.
- Darksteel is the only Predacon to speak in an American accent rather than a British one.
- He was a temporary Decepticon because he and Skylynx were under Starscream's command.
- Darksteel's beast mode is known as an ursagryph (essentially, half-bird/half-bear creature) and he shares it with another Predacon named Grimwing.
- He will probably return in the sequel, likely as an antagonist, as Robert Orci implied the Predacons were the antagonists. However, it is unlikely that he would betray Predaking.
- "The Autobots are weak."
- "Oww, that hurt!"
- "Rip him to shreds!!!"
- "Skylynx look! One of us?"
- "Ha ha, he should've been here to see them rise and shine."
- "And who made you boss?"
- Predacons Rising (First appearance)