Cybertron is the home planet of all Cybertronians, both Autobots and Decepticons alike. It is also the source of Energon. Earth and Cybertron share a lot in common: Cybertron has Primus as its core, while Earth has Unicron as its core.
The Birth of Cybertron
In the beginning of time, there were two deities, named Unicron and Primus both created by the "One" separating in two. Cybertron already existed prior to their creation and became the battle ground for their war. When the Thirteen defeated Unicron, Primus merged with Cybertron's core and shed his physical body in the process. This act linked the life of Primus and the planet. If one died so would the other.
The Golden Age
This was the era of peace, most of its history is currently unknown. It was where Optimus Prime was only Orion Pax, and Megatron was Megatronus. Orion was only a clerk in the Iacon Hall of Records . Megatronus was a gladiator that fought the toughest of competitors and creatures. One day Megatronus demanded to be the next prime to the Autobot High Council, and said Cybertron needed him. Orion gave reason to be the next prime and simply asked. The Council was amazed by Orion's words and gave him the Matrix of Leadership, making him truly the next prime. The outraged Megatronus severed all ties with Orion and created an army, with the assistance of Soundwave, called the Decepticons. Optimus made an army called the Autobots which fought them to bring peace to Cybertron. Thus beginning the Great War.
The Great War
This was the time where the Autobots and Decepticons fought each other. It lasted for many years, with millions of deaths. Not much is known, other than the Cybonic plague and Cybertron becoming a wasteland. Some events that happened was when Megatron ripped out Bumblebee's voice box. Or Airachnid interrogating Arcee, which ended up in the death of Tail Gate.
The Great Exodus
It was when the war became so intense Cybertron became uninhabitable. Making both Autobots and Decepticons find a new home. Some Autobots, like Smokescreen, may be in stasis or off in another galaxy. It was also revealed that some time during the war, Optimus Prime had hidden away the Allspark , in order to protect it from Megatron's forces .
The Decepticons rebuilt the Omega Lock on the Nemesis. Before they could use it, the ship fell under Autobot command and the limited cyber matter was used to restore Cybertron's core which restored it to a habitable status. However, Cybertron was incapable of creating new life without the Allspark. With the defeat of Unicron and Optimus Prime's sacrifice, the Allspark was restored to the planet's core. The Autobots gazed as the Sparks flew from the Well, including Optimus Prime's spark.
After the work done by the Cybertronians in rebuilding the planet, it had returned to it's former Golden Age state. The Elite Guard had also returned to reinforce the law against any criminals.
- Darkness Rising, Part 1 (Flashback Appearance)
- Darkness Rising Part 2 (Mentioned Only)
- Darkness Rising Part 3 (Mentioned Only)
- Darkness Rising Part 4
- Darkness Rising Part 5
- Masters and Students (Mentioned Only)
- Con Job (Mentioned Only)
- Sick Mind (Megatron's Mind)
- One Shall Rise, Part 1 (Flashback)
- One Shall Rise, Part 3 (Flashback)
- Orion Pax, Part 1 (Nemesis Screen)
- Orion Pax, Part 2
- Orion Pax, Part 3
- Operation: Bumblebee, Part 1 (Flashback)
- Crossfire (Mentioned only)
- Toxicity (Flashback)
- Out of the Past (Flashback)
- New Recruit (Flashback)
- Inside Job (Starscream's Mind)
- Darkest Hour
- Darkmount, NV
- Project Predacon (episode) (Flashback)
- Persuasion (Nemesis Screen)
- Deadlock (in the end)
- Predacons Rising (Fully restored in the end)
Transformers Robots in Disguise
- Dialogue in Predacons Rising makes it obvious that Cybertron is located in the Milky Way Galaxy, however its exact location is unknown. In most other fictions Cybertron is located either in the Alpha Centauri system or the Shaula one. In a few others, such as the films, the planet is in another galaxy.
- According to Alpha Trion, Cybertron is the fifth planet in its system.